Street Style: Japan Edition

08:00:00


My time in Japan last year was amazing - you most probably already picked up that I had an fantastic time and picked up some awesome new make-up. And we are already planning our next trip to the "Land of the Rising Sun" for hopefully christmas and new years this year! (hello white christmas!)

What anyone who travels will first notice about a new country (or is this just me?) is the locals sense of fashion (or make-up) trends, and how it compares to your home countries fashion trends.

Most people would be aware of Japan's somewhat crazy sense of fashion (Harajuku Girls anyone?) But its not all Lolita's and crazy costumes, there are some seriously well dressed ladies and gents getting around.

Now I have taken these pictures sneakily, and some people I have asked and most of these pictures were taken in Tokyo, as I only had the brain snap at the end of our trip for a street style post. Also sorry in advance for any blurriness!

Chicago - My Favourite Thrift Store in Tokyo!! (also my boyf James being silly)



This guy caught me - and pouted like a trooper! ps. man bags are totally a thing in japan!









One of the main things I noticed were the amount of felt hats and beanies people were wearing even though it was 35 degrees and 80% humidity and the middle of summer! But hey, its like that saying "Beauty is Pain".

I can't wait to go back to Japan and capture some more amazing street style. I am off to Melbourne in April, so hopefully I will be able capture some local street style for the next instalment.


Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:

Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. What an awesome post! I really love Japanese fashion but I don't feel like I can pull a lot of it off with their little petite bodies! My favourite outfit is the first picture! I can't believe how well dressed the guys are! I love your travel posts :)

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are all so tiny!! Yes I love that look too, I might try and pull it off once it gets a little cooler! The guys, oh my.. My boyf is pretty well dressed, but these guys are stylin'!!

      Delete
  2. The Japanese are always on trend and put a lot of effort into what they wear, I wish I could be more like them haha Great post I loved looking at these photo's and the men rocking the man bag :)

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man bags were seriously everywhere! And like full handbags sometimes! So strange! But slightly pleasing..

      Delete
  3. LOVE this post! So awesome to see the fashion over there! They are so over the top and I love it! Would definitely love to visit Japan some day!!

    Tahana <3
    http://tahanalee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japan is amazing, and relatively close too! You should definitely put it on your bucket list!! I can't wait to go back!! Thanks for reading lovely! xx

      Delete
  4. I love this post Mel! I wish I could pull off some of these amazing styles. That guy that caught you is a champion!

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! That means alot :)
      I know right, they can just pull it off!! I am going to try a few (of the tamer ones) in autumn.. And maybe start a style file! x

      Delete
  5. Wow, I've never really considered Japanese style so this has really opened my eyes, I'm loving the variation - they all look great!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some serious quirky outfits in Japan, but there are also some very well dressed people! I'm glad I could bring the fashion world of Japan to your knowledge! :)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful post.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea for a post! Definitely something to recreate if I ever leave the country again!

    Kirstie | Behind The Scent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great post! I am going to Melbourne in a couple of months and I'll be doing one for it too! Because I live in a small country town, fashion isn't always the first thing I think of, but going to Melbourne - oh my the fashion there! I am excited!
      Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...