#MUGLIFE

18:09:00


Make Up Geek (MUG) make-up line was launched back in 2012 by Marlena Stell, a former music teacher, who started a you-tube channel back in 2008 to share her passion for cosmetics and to help teach women about make-up.  The MUG brand has since grown into a blog and now a multi-million dollar cosmetics company.

Now MUG is a very social media orientated brand - I see it everywhere! Most of my fave bloggers/you-tubers have at least one Z Palette full of MUG eyeshadows and a blush or two! I had been putting it off for ages - convincing myself I don't need any new eyeshadows (I totally didn't!) but I succumbed to peer/social pressure and picked up a small Z Palette and 9 eyeshadows!

Top: Corrupt, Curfew, Roulette
Middle: Bitten, Blacklight, Beaches & Cream
Bottom: Secret Garden, Peach Smoothie, Petal Pusher

To be perfectly honest, I haven't even used them yet (except for Bitten - which I used under my eyes for Halloween). That is how many eyeshadows/palettes of eyeshadows I have lying around (see my eyeshadow palette collection here). But I am planing on doing my first ever Make-Up Look post for you guys very shortly using my MUG shadows.

MUG products are very affordable compare to say, MAC (from the US MAC website)

Eyeshadow Pans
MUG - $6 USD ($8.90 AUD) compared to MAC - $10 USD ($14.85 AUD)
Blush Pans
MUG - $9.99 USD ($14.85 AUD) compared to MAC - $17 USD ($25.25 AUD)

My Favourite Colours - Blacklight, Secret Garden and Roulette

The colours that I chose were:

Beaches & Cream, Bitten, Corrupt, Curfew, Peach Smoothie, Petal Pusher, Roulette and two Duochrome shadows in Blacklight and Secret Garden. I also grabbed a small rose gold chevron Z Palette (which is exclusive to MUG) to put them all in.

The total of my order came to $68.99 plus $11.99 shipping to Australia, so all up in total $80.98 (roughly $121 AUD).


I can't wait to finally have a play around with these beautiful shadows and show you what I come up with!


Have you tried Make Up Geek cosmetics yet? What are your favourite colours?
Also don't forget to complete my 2015 reader survey here! It would mean the world to me!



Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:

Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. These all look gorgeous, I love the look of roulette!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do.. I can't even bring myself to use them.. hah
      Thank you for reading! x

      Delete
  2. Those shades look stunning. I seriously need to stop procrastinating and make a large MUG order, i know i'm going to become rapidly addicted.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annd that is the precise reason I haven't touched them yet.. Because I may like them better than all of my other shadows and then I will have to buy more.. hehe
      Thanks for reading lovely! x

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, the colours are STUNNING. I've never tried MUG products before even though they were recommended to me countless of times. Perhaps I will have to pick these up soon. GORGEOUS SHADES.

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Do it! haha they have such an amazing range of shades! And so well priced too!
      xx

      Delete
  4. All these shades look so good!!! I actually have a large z palette that was only 7 shades away from being complete so I did a MUG order about a week ago and I'm planning on doing a full collection with swatches post.

    Trust me, as soon as you start using these you will love them! Awesome photos too by the way! x

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely!! I'm scared to use them, and then I will fall in love.. and then I won't use anything else haha! Can't wait to see your post! xx

      Delete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...