Save or Spend: 5 Ways to Spend Less Money when you're a Beauty Lover!

08:00:00


So my good friend, Sarah from Bows & Pleats and I were discussing about how hard it can be to save money/not spend money when there is SO many new releases and limited edition products being released every month! Being a beauty addict/make-up collector can be so expensive! So we decided to collaborate on series of posts about saving money, shopping smarter, strategies for buying less and utilising what you already have in your collection, called the SAVE OR SPEND series.


Here are my top 5 ways to save money when you're a beauty lover like us!

  • Delete your credit/debit card off your paypal account or delete your paypal account all together - this will make it just that (tiny) little bit more difficult to purchase anything.. By actually having to go get your wallet, instead of only having to enter a password.



  • Go through your collection once or twice a year, and throw out any expired make-up, and sell anything that is going unloved.

  • Try and only have one or 2 opened products (like mascaras - 3 month shelf life) at a time, so they aren't expiring and you aren't wasting money on throwing out unused products.
  • Keep a list and/or pictures of all your make-up (brands/names of colours) so you realise you don't need a 4th gold toned highlighter or 5th blue toned lipstick when you're out shopping.

  • If you still feel the need to buy something, take a look at second hand or buy, swap and selling groups on Facebook. You can get sometimes brand new makeup for cheaper than retail, or even if it is used, you are still getting a better deal than buying brand new. Because seriously how often do you finish a blush or highlighter? (Just make sure the items are disinfected/cleaned before using them - using isopropyl alcohol)

For 5 more great tips on how to save when your a beauty lover, head on over to Sarah's post here:


I hope these tips have helped you possibly save a little money, or curbed your spending needs! Keep a look out for more posts in our SPEND or SAVE series to see how we are making the most of our collections.  How do you try to save money when it comes to wanting new beauty products??

Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:

Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle




You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Great tips! I have four unopened mascaras at home which I'm waiting to finish/throw out my current ones before opening these new ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great restraint! I am usually like "oh but I just want to try it" haha and then I end up with the problem of having 6 mascaras open.. But I am working on it!! Thanks for reading lovely! x

      Delete
  2. I hope we can put our tips into action and apply them on ourselves as well! hehe. Thanks so much for collaborating with me! I love how these posts turned out! Can't wait to see what we come up with next ;)

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I need to not have like 6 mascaras open.. haha! No problem lovely! I am looking forward to our future posts! xx

      Delete
  3. Awesome tips Mel! I've had to force myself to apply most of these already haha <3

    Tahana
    http://tahanalee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes.. having a baby will certainly put a strain on things! But just imaging buying all those beautiful clothes!! I love baby clothes!! hehe

      Delete
  4. Love this post! I'm always trying to make sure I don't open too many mascaras :)

    www.aussieasianbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so guilty of this!! But I am working on it, and hopefully can get down to just one or two!! Thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete
  5. Helpful tips! I have more mascaras than I know what to do with and my makeup collection is well overdue for a re-assessment. There's so much I need to throw out! :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went through my collection and threw some stuff out, but I also have some newish stuff that has been hardly used that I'm going to sell! Thanks for reading lovely! x

      Delete
  6. These are so helpful, especially the mascara tip! I am so guilty of having a bunch open at a time! I have recently cut down A LOT on shopping and while my bank balance is happy I can't wait to get some new stuff!

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure I have like 6 open at the moment! Ha I really need to take my own advice! But I am doing a project pan, to hopefully get through the bulk of them!! I can't wait to see what you get! x

      Delete
  7. Great post! I am so guilty for opening new products before finishing current ones. Excitement gets the better of me but definitely means so much waste! :(

    www.shannongibb.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yass! I alway get excited and want to try the new things I have purchased! I really need to just stop buying full stop! xx

      Delete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...