Foundation Focus #1 - NARS Sheer Glow

18:30:00




Foundation Focus is a new series I am starting here on Loads of Lifestyle. I will be giving reviews of the foundations that I currently own (in both my personal collection and my Make-Up Kit). I will be posting pictures of before foundation, with only foundation on, full face (powdered/blush etc) and one from around lunch time so you can see the lasting power of the foundations. I will limit to only blotting with blotting papers around lunch. 

I will just warn you, that because I am doing this during the week the coverage on my foundation will be only light, however if requested I can do more full coverage looks too!


For the basis of this series, I am going to wear the exact same:
  • Primer - Hourglass Mineral Veil
  • Concealer - Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer
  • Powder - Face of Australia Translucent Powder
  • Blush - Arbonne blush in Sunset*
  • Bronzer - Nars Laguna
  • Mascara - Benefit Roller Lash*
  • Brows - Benefit Gimme Brow
And for every foundation tested and I will also be applying the foundation the same way - with my fingers and finished with a Beauty Blender.


NARS Sheer Glow - Santa Fe ($65.00)


Loads of Lifestyle say:

NARS Sheer Glow has a cult following for a reason, it's lightweight, has a lovely build-able coverage (if your after that) and is nice and hydrating on the skin. Its not as sheer or glow-y as one would think having the name Sheer Glow, however the sheer glow term meaning it gives you a very opaque glow with out looking like a disco ball, not a sheer coverage. 
Sheer Glow has a 19 different colours ranging from Siberia (light with neutral balance of pink/yellow undertones) to Santa Fe (medium with peachy undertone) to Khartoum (dark with espresso undertone). They pretty much have you covered whether your skintone is warm, cool or neutral based!! 
I must admit, I have combination skin (oily T-zone) and i do find that I need to blot or re-powder my face around lunchtime, however there is still coverage on the skin. 

NARS say:

A glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, it leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother. Used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin's brightness and texture.


Skin freshly cleansed, with serum, eye cream and moisturiser.



With a sheer coverage of foundation and primer


With concealer, setting powder, blush, mascara etc.




This picture was taken at 1pm - no blotting






*These products were provided to Loads of Lifestyle for consideration, however my opinions are always my own!


Do you have a foundation you would like to see tested on 'Foundation Focus'? Let me know in the comments below!


Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:

You can find me on:
Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. NARS Sheer Glow is always a foundation I want to try but always seem to talk myself out of before purchase! It looks like it wears pretty well throughout the day without being heavy on the skin :) Looking forward to more Foundation Focus Posts!

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! You definitely need to try it! Just get a sample from a Sephora in Europe!!

      Hope you're having an awesome trip!!

      Mel x

      Delete
  2. NARS Sheer Glow is a great buy! I've been wearing it a lot during Spring :) www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has such a beautiful wear, it is perfect for any season!!

      Thanks for reading Laura!!

      Mel x

      Delete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...