First Impressions: Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette

18:00:00


I originally hadn't planned on picking up this beautiful palette - I thought I had too many similar shades already in my overflowing eyeshadow collection. But when my good friend Hannah returned from her trip to NYC she surprised me with it for Christmas!! How lovely is she! (love you Schurmo!) 



Lets start with the beautiful packaging shall we? It is cased in a stunning and sturdy gold and white plastic case with black polkadots and a gold plaque with "UD | Gwen Stefani" on the front. I think it is super chic and love that the theme continued on throughout her line with Urban Decay. 
Inside boasts a HUGE mirror - the size of the case - and a cute little quote from Gwen herself. It contains 15 x 1.4g pans of shadow with a total of 21g of product. Priced at $95 here in Australia its not one of the cheapest palettes going around at the moment but it works out to be $4.33 per gram of product - which isn't too bad.



This palette is a perfect mix of matte and shimmer, neutral and brightly coloured shades. It contains shades that are perfect for your crease, outer-corner, highlighting the inner corner and brow bone and pops of colour for the daring. 

Swatches: 

Blonde - pale beige w/pink iridescent shift
Bathwater - pale beige w/gold pearl
Skimp - pale nude satin
Steady - medium rose w/metallic gold shift
L-R: Blonde, Bathwater, Skimp, Steady
Baby - cool metallic rose
Anaheim - light taupe-brown matte
Stark - nude-pink matte
Zone - medium brown matte
L-R: Baby, Anaheim, Stark, Zone
Pop - pale coral w/iridescent sparkle
Harajuku - metallic blue-pink w/iridescent micro-shimmer
Danger - deep metallic royal blue w/blue micro-sparkle
1987 - bright metallic yellow-gold
L-R: Pop, Harajuku, Danger, 1987
Blackout - blackest black matte
Serious - smoky gray w/iridescent floating pearl
Punk - reddish brown matte
L-R: Blackout, Serious, Punk
I haven't actually used this palette yet, it is sitting in my draw unloved.. But I am going to pull it out this weekend and do my make-up for the annual Goondiwindi Picnic Races which is the biggest event on the calendar for my little town. I am on the committee and Fashions on the Field coordinator! Eeeep!

Would you guys like to see what I come up with for the races? Add me on SNAPCHAT - (loadsoflifestyl) to see what I get up to!!


Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:

Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. This palette looks really stunning but I feel like it would be so bulky & I wouldn't get use from many of the colours! I think I'll stick to the Naked palettes myself :P x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite bulky I must admit and gets finger prints soo easily!! Hopefully I can get a little bit of use out of it!!

      Delete
  2. Pretty colours, I love your review, the swatches look nice and that they wouldn't be too heavy on the lid. Sammy | Bargainbaglady.com {xx}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove the colour "Danger" it is so pretty!! Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  3. I love my palette!!! You can create some beautiful looks with it! Will you post about your makeup at the races? I'd love to know what you used. You looked stunning!!!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...