Spend or Save Series: Project Pan

20:00:00




For the second post in the Spend or Save series, Sarah (from Bows & Pleats) and I thought a Project Pan would be the perfect accompaniment to the series. Trying to use up already opened products before opening new ones can be a little hard, especially when you have shiny new products waiting to be tried and tested!

For those who aren't aware Project Pan is pretty much a plan where you try to use up certain products you have either had open for a little while, or have multiple of open. Some items of make-up are easier to use up than others, like products you would use every single day (foundation, concealer, mascaras etc) other items, like eye shadow, blushes and highlighters are harder to use up because you only use a minimal amount of that product each day. 

So my project pan for this half of the year is mainly base products but there are a few other products thrown in there too.


Base:

  • Napoleon Perdis - Auto Pilot primer – I’ve had this primer for years! As you can probably tell because the new packaging is gold. It’s a nice everyday primer, I normally keep this one in my kit, and I have since replaced it, so I want to use this up!
  • Hourglass - Mineral Veil Primer – I’ve only had this one for a year or so and it’s a favourite of mine! You only need a tiny little bit to cover your whole face. I mainly only use this on my T-zone as it is perfect for my oiliness that I get in the region.
  • Urban Decay – Naked Skin foundation – I am going to be completely honest. I have probably used this foundation twice or 3 times.. I have put this on the list purely to use it..
  • Nars - Sheer Glow foundation – this is foundation is pretty much my perfect shade match ever! It is a great everyday foundation, medium coverage and makes your skin look perfect! (check out my foundation focus post here)
  • Nars - Radiant Creamy Concealer – Since getting my Urban Decay concealer, this hasn’t been getting nearly enough love, so I want to try and use it up, and keep my UD concealer for events.
  • Estee Lauder - Double Wear Brush On Glow BB – a great highlighting pen that I use on top of my concealer. Its light enough to wear on no-make-up-days or on top of other concealers.
  • MAC - Pro Long Wear Concealer – I have seriously had this for years.. Its almost finished and it is a great concealer, it just had terrible packaging that over-dispenses the product. 
  • Nars Laguna Bronzer - A staple bronzer that would be in most beauty lovers collection. As you can see below, I have already hit pan on this one, and now its time to use it all up!
  • Nars Multiple - Orgasm - My very first Nars product! I absolutely love the no fuss approach to this product. I just dab it on my cheeks and blend in with my fingers! I just need to use it more!


Eyes:

  • Rimmel London - ScandalEyes Mascara - A perfect everyday drugstore mascara. It has been open a while, so its time to use this baby up. (review here)
  • Rimmel London - Wake Me Up Mascara - Pretty much the same as above, but it smells amazing! (like cucumbers!)
  • Napoleon Perdis - Liquid Liner x 2 - I've had these both for a while (one longer than the other) however I misplaced one so I bought another, and then found the other one. Time to rock a nice flick to work everyday!
  • Anastasia Beverley Hills - Brow Wiz - I use this on days when I have a little more time up my sleeve (compared to my normal Gimme Brow rush job) It is a beautiful product but I do have quite a few brow products currently!



Lips:

  • MAC Lipstick - Lady Danger - my absolute favourite colour! whenever I am feeling down, or need something to make a look stand out.. This is what I reach for! Its almost finished and I will utilising MAC's Back2Mac program and getting a fresh one!
  • MAC Lipstick – Crème Cup (not pictured) - a classic pink toned nude lipstick. Another staple in any make-up lovers collection. This one wasn't set in the case correctly and it scrapes up and down the side of the bullet, which annoys me! So time to use this one up and get a new one (maybe).
  • Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencil - Nude Perfection - These are a great drugstore alternative to the Nars Velvet Lip pencils! At about $10 a pop, you can pick up the whole range! I love this beautiful nude colour and its perfect paired with a clear gloss.
  • Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil - Happy Days - this is a perfect no-make-up-day lip colour, its sheer, glossy with just a hint of colour. 


To check out Sarah's choices for her Project Pan head on over to her post:


Hopefully I can get through these products within the next 6 months, and I will be giving you an update around May/June, to see how I am going with using it all up!



 Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:

Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Actually so crazy that we chose 3 of the same products without even discussing it! We even picked two of the exact same mascaras!!! How funny! We are such makeup soul mates! I love how we pretty much wrote this in the exact same format too without discussing. Love it!! xxx

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually have 4 of the same! I forgot you have Naked Skin too!!! TWINS.

      Delete
    2. It is so weird that we hardly discussed this post (unlike our other one) but still ended up pretty much the same!!
      Mel x

      Delete
  2. What colour is your Naked Skin? Do you not like it?! Looking forward to hearing whether you get through all of these. I want an update in 6 months :P

    Tahana <3
    http://tahanalee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think mine is 4.0?? I can't even remember the times I have worn to be honest! I will do a foundation focus post on it I think! You will definitely get an update on this post! xx

      Delete
  3. I need to get in on this project! I feel like I just keep buying things and never using anything up so my collection keeps growing (not that I mind!) but I feel like I'm wasting lots of product. If that makes any sense at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally makes sense! Thats why Sarah and I are doing these posts because we feel exactly the same!

      Thanks for reading Maz xx

      Delete
  4. You and Sarah have a lot of the same products to use up! Can't wait to see an update to see how well you guys have done :)

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and we hardly discussed this post and what we were putting in it!!
      Thanks for reading lovely! xx

      Delete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...