Empties #2

14:26:00


Wow. So my last empties post was back in April last year! Whoops! I just felt like I didn't go through enough products to give you one monthly, and then I kind of just forgot about it. I mean, I kept collecting empty products - but never actually got around to do up a post!

I am going to do a very brief run down of all the products I have finished since April 2015 - and start afresh this year! And with Sarah and I doing our Spend or Save series which includes a Project Pan hopefully I will get through some more products this year! I will aim for one every quarter/season.

So lets get on with it...

Skincare:

Back when I first started really looking after my skin, I started out the with the Clinique 3-Step system – This is the moisturiser from the system designed for combination/oily skin. It is a beautiful moisturiser and leaves you feeling hydrated but without feeling greasy! Only downside – is the square shape – whilst is looks pretty, you can’t get all the product out of the corners. (fyi it’s my second bottle)
Repurchase: Yes I would – but I have quite a few to get through first!

Clinique - Clarifying Lotion 3 (travel size)
I bought the trial/travel size 3 step kit when I went to Europe a couple of years ago and I didn’t really use this item when I was over there as it was too fiddley but I dug it out a couple of months ago when I ran out of my current toner.
Repurchase: No

I was lucky enough to be gifted this from a blogger event last year. It is a beautiful thick rich eye cream. It absorbs well into the delicate eye area and hydrates well. I didn’t really see that much of a difference to my bags/lines but it felt amazing on and under make-up.
Repurchase: Maybe – if I was after a nice thick hydrating eye cream or a teenager/early 20’s and starting to look after my skin.

Clarisonic - Delicate Head
Every Clarisonic somes with the “Sensitive” head, which I felt a little too rough for my skin to be using daily. So when I purchased a new head, I switched it for the “Delicate” head. It was a lot less rough than the “Sensitive” head.
Repurchase: Yes

Ohhh these smell so good! I love that fresh cucumber scent! I these were pretty good a removing most of my make-up before cleansing. They couldn’t remove my Benefit mascaras (They’re Real & Roller Lash). They were really soft too, which some brands I find can be really scratchy..
Repurchase: Yes 

Alpha H - Balancing Cleanser*
This is a 3-in-1 creamy cleanser. It eliminates the use of separate make-up remover, cleanser and toner, combining them all into one product. It contains Vitamin E and aloe vera to help sooth and correct the skins PH level.
Repurchase: Yes 

Alpha H - Liquid Gold (deluxe sample size)
I took this tiny little sample size to Japan with me, as I already have the full size as well. I use this every second night with nothing (because I’m a badass!) and wake up with glowing skin! I absolutely love Liquid Gold!
Repurchase: Yes! Already have!


I bought this when I went through a phase of using all the same skincare early last year. It was a nice everyday cleanser that foamed up nicely. It had a nice citrus/herby smell to it. However you couldn’t travel with the bottle as it leaked when it wasn’t sitting up right.
Repurchase: No

LUSH - Kalamazoo (James)
This is James’ second tub of this, he absolutely loves it – it contains pineapple enzymes and has a beautiful fruity smell.
Repurchase: Yes

I love lush. Full stop. This tea tree water toner water mist, is a great addition to your skincare. The tea tree helps to fight blemishes and the juniper berries and grapefruit oils to awaken the senses.
Repurchase: Yes

Elucent - Whitening Eye Cream*
This eye cream really didn't do much for me, like the whole line of Elucent Whitening skincare - it has a terrible (to me anyway) smell. It is so strong and I can't quite figure out what it smells like but I do not like it.
Repurchase: No

Zassni - Orchard Dew Botanical Facial Mist*
I would keep this in the fridge and use on super hot days! It was so refreshing! It smelt like watermelon and cucumbers! So nice!
Repurchase: Yes

Bioderma - Sebium H2O Micelle Solution
Holy grail make-up remover. Hands down.
Repurchase: Until I die.

EmerginC - Vitamin C Serum*
A great vitamin C serum, it brightened up my skin tone and had a great citrusy scent. Unfortunately I think my pump was defective as it allowed air into the bottle. When vitamin C is exposed to air it can become not as effective compared to when it is sealed in a airless bottle/pump combo.
Repurchase: Maybe.. If they fixed the pump issue.

Chapstick - Pomegranate Gumdrop
I have a chapstick in every handbag, in my car, at work - I have them stashed everywhere. This flavour I believe was limited edition.
Repurchase: Until I die.

Japanese Oil Blotting Papers
I picked this up and Brisbane at a random Asian $2 shop, they are amazing. Absorb oil/sweat when you need it. If I ever find the shop again I will definitely pick up more!
Repurchase: Yes!

Body/Hair Care:

Kevin Murphy - Balancing Wash
Looove Kevin Murphy products. This one didn't let me down! A great every day shampoo (but who has time for that?) It kept my oiliness at bay (for a couple of days) but with out striping the ends.
Repurchase: Yes

Sanctuary Spa - White Lily & Damask Rose Body Scrub*
This body scrub is a little bit of a hybrid. I would say it is a shower gel that contains scrub particles - in this ones case - tiny pumice stones. It was an amazing scent (I also have the body cream too). It wasn't too harsh and could be used every day!
Repurchase: Yes

Original Source - Vanilla & Raspberry Shower Gel
This smells amazing. Full Stop. It also leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturised.
Repurchase: Already have!

LUSH - Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
This stuff is a little pricey - but man is it worth it! You only need a small amount to do both legs and arms. Sometimes I don't even rinse it off properly. Oh and it smells like roses!
Repurchase: Yes

Make-Up:

MAC - Fix+
A great all-rounder! It preps the skin with extra moisture before make-up. It finishes make-up beautifully - taking away and powderyness and if you spritz your make-up brushes with it - before eyeshadow/highlighter it intensifies the colour and pigmentation
Repurchase: Already have

MAC - Mineralise Satin Finish SPF 15+ Foundation - NW30 
I bought this foundation quite some time ago.. Probably like 3 or 4 years ago. It is waaay to dark for me now that I work in an office all day - but I can get away with it in summer. It is the ultimate dewy foundation - it contains reflecting mineral particles - to reflect light and give you glowing skin.
Repurchase: No longer available

Napoleon Perdis - Eyebrow Pencil - Pale Rider
I bought this back when I worked at a Napoleon counter. It is a great universal shade for anyone from blonde to medium brown hair.
Repurchase: No

Benefit - Gimme Brow - Light/Medium
Gimme Brow, oh my favourite brow product.. So simple to use - and takes all of about 30 seconds each brow. I love you.
Repurchase: Until I die.

Alrighty so that is my major epic empties post - I will be doing these more regularly so they don't build up to this huge length again!


Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:

Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Kevin Murphy is my fave brand EVER! Love everything they do :D

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Such a shame to hear about your pump on the Emergen C serum! Mine didn't have this problem so definitely must have just been yours. I'm so disappointed you didn't get to have it work properly for you. I promised you amazing things lol.

    Tahana <3
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Empties post bonanza! Some great products here - I love the Benefit Eye Cream (repurchasing this once I am employed!) and I think I might need to get Shannon the Kalamazoo! It sounds awesome. If only I had a beard :P Great post lady!

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! what a massive effort! Your recycling bin must be choc-a-block this week!

    x Rosa

    www.lipsticknlinguine.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! what a massive effort! Your recycling bin must be choc-a-block this week!

    x Rosa

    www.lipsticknlinguine.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an impressive amount of empties, and lots of amazing products. My faves here have to be the Alpha-H product, especially Liquid Gold which I think for me will be a forever repurchase. I really want to try that Lush Tea tree water mist, I hear so many great things about it! x

    Chantalle | www.ceceandgrace.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long do these posts take to write? I honestly hope that my empties slow down so it doesn't take me ten years to type up my empties posts hehe. Great effort!!! I really love the Alpha H balancing cleanser and Liquid Gold too and I need to repurchase the cleanser once I get through all my others. Michael loves Kalamazoo too! He like can't live without his now!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats


    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...