Post Holiday Blues...

08:00:00


It has been two weeks since I got home from Japan.. boo! I thought I would put a post together about the make-up I took with me.. And what I actually used!!

I managed to cut it down to the basics.. But I still didn't use a few things I bought along for the trip!!

So today I am going to tell you what I took, and what I actually used (and roughly how many times I used them) whilst I was away!!

Face Products:

NARS Tinted Moisturiser - St Moritz - used 3 times - mostly for going out to dinner
Hourglass - Mineral Veil Primer - used 3 times
Urban Decay - All Nighter Setting Spray - used just about everyday! It was so humid, and it was lovely and refreshing to spray all over!!
Benefit - Roller Lash - I used this everyday! I love this mascara! It is total HG status!!
Anastasia Beverley Hills - Brow Wiz - chocolate - I only used this once I think..
Benefit - Gimme Brow (not pictured) - medium/dark - I used this every in conjunction with Roller Lash for a little definition!!

Palettes/Powders:

NARS - Virtual Domination Palette - with 3 blushes, a bronzer and a highlighter it was the perfect choice to take away with me! I used this most days to add a little colour to my face!!
Too Faced - Chocolate Bar Palette - I used this once for my birthday dinner, probably could have left this one at home!
Hourglass Ambiant Lighting Powder - Dim Light - I only used this a handful of times, and probably could have left it at home too!
BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector (Pressed) - Opal - I used this most days to give me a little bit of a healthy glow!

Lips:

MAC Lipstick - Lady Danger - I wore this a couple of times, its one of my favourite lip colours! So I couldn't not take it!
Maybelline - Colour Drama Lip Crayon - Nude Perfection - I wore it once, and got a lovely complement from one of my new friends Amanda but still only wore it once!
NARS - Lipgloss - Orgasm - I wore this pretty much daily as a nice gloss finish to my everyday look
Rimmel London - Oh My Gloss! - Love Bug* - I didn't wear this at all, could have left this at home!
Bite Beauty - Matte Creme Lip Crayon - Tatin & Glacé - I didn't wear these at all! Even as pretty as they are, they could too have stayed at home!!


And to pack it all up and take it all with me I managed to get my little hands on the Mecca Cosmetica Jetset travel bag (I'm pretty sure one of the last ones in Australia - it came all the way from Perth!! Thank you MECCA customer service!!)


Have you ever over-packed for a holiday? Let me know your holiday staples, so I can try to pack more efficiently for my next trip!!


Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:


Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow, you did so well for only packing so little on your holidays!!! I'm really struggling to keep my makeup to a minimum for the honeymoon!!! Help meeeee!!!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally help!! Send me pictures and I'll help cull!! haha I think it was a bit easier for me, because I don't wear much make-up unless I'm going out or have an event!! Good luck with the packing babe!! xx

      Delete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...