Shine Bright Like a Diamond...

08:00:00



So it seems I have gone a little crazy on the highlighter trend..

I started with just a few deluxe sample sized liquid highlighters, and have evolved into having over 10 in my collection (with possibly a few more on the way - i have a serious problem). I now have just about enough shimmery glow to turn myself into a disco ball for a year or two!! I have split my collection into two categories; Liquid and Powder form.

Liquid



The two aforementioned deluxe samples! Benefits High Beam and Girl Meets Pearl!
High Beam - a satiny pink liquid highlighter perfect for a dewy glowing skin
Girl Meets Pearl - a golden pink liquid pearl luminizer 


Josie Maran Argan Illuminator - a beautiful gold liquid highlighter,  perfect to mix in your base of choice for a glowing/lit from within complexion.


MAC Lustre Drops - Pink rebel (discontinued) - a peachy pink champagne liquid highlighter with a bronze-y shimmer which is also perfect mixed into your favourite base or after along the cheek bones and cupids bow!


MAC Strobe Cream - not technically a highlighter, but it can definitely be used as one! You can use this as a base product to prep the skin, mix it into your base of choice or use it lightly along the cheekbones, inner corner of your eyes and cupids bow!

Powder 


BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfectors (Pressed) I currently own 3 and definitely want to own them all!! They are the most smooth, creamy highlighters I own. They aren't chunky with glitter like some highlighters can be, and they blend seamlessly into your skin!


BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector - Blush Copper (LE) - the most recent addition to my BECCA collection, in this beautiful limited edition packaging and the imprint on the product! It was love at first sight!! Described as a warm copper infused with rose gold tones, you could definitely use this as a blush on medium to darker skin tones! I personally think this will make a beautiful eyeshadow too! 


BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector - Opal - a light-medium golden champagne highlight and my first product from BECCA - and it started my BECCA obsession..


BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector - Champagne Pop (LE) - a soft white gold with pinky peach undertones and highly coveted by every beauty enthusiast on the planet. A collaboration with one of the worlds best known make-up artists/beauty vlogger Jaclyn Hill. As with most people I think they could have done a lot better with the packaging, and made it limited edition like the blushed copper one above!


Laura Mercier - Indiscretion Highlighter (LE) - I don't even know where to start.. I HAD to get my hands on this.. I mean look at it!! It is absolutely gorgeous!! The pattern alone made me want this! Luckily they re-released it back in August, and had my name put on a waiting list!! 


Laura Mercier - Candleglow Luminzing Palette - The newest addition to my LM and highlighting collection! This palette contains 4 eyeshadows and 2 highlights in Radiance (Light Peach) and Glimmer (Light Bronze)



MAC - Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skin Finish - described as a gilded peach bronze, this was my first powder highlight. This powder isn't as finely milled as some of my other highlighter, and the glitter/shimmer can seem a little chunky compared to the rest. But nonetheless it is still a beautiful highlighter!!

Swatches (L-R) Soft & Gentle, High Beam, Pink Rebel, Girl Meets Pearl, Blushed Copper, Champagne Pop, Opal, Indiscretion, Radiance, Glimmer

I do apologize about the lighting in the swatch picture - it decided to be a dark and stormy afternoon when I took the swatch picture!! And I just realised I forgot to swatch the Josie Maran Illuminator, if you would like to see a swatch let me know in the comments and ill post one on Instagram!!



What are your favourite highlighters? I really want to try the new Anastasia Beverley Hills ones!!



Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:



Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. I haven't tried any of these highlighters, but some of them look ah-mazing. I'm loving the whole highlighter trend that's coming in. Out of all the highlighters I really want to get my hands on the Laura Mercier one - it just looks gorgeous. Lovely post - there's something so aesthetically pleasing about highlighters :') x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly! I hope you managed to get your hands on the Laura Mercier highlighter!
      Sorry for the late reply! xx

      Delete
  2. I want them all! I've only ever tried high beam but that was back when I was a rookie and had no idea what to do with it. I only have one highlighter in my collection from The Brow Bar so definitely need a few more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! I know you have a few more now! But I can't believe you only had 1 highlighter!! #shocked
      Sorry for the late reply! xx

      Delete
  3. Not to worry, Mel, I've jumped on the bandwagon of highlighters and have been positively making myself comfortable on it for quite some time now. We're on the same one, I'll assume, hahaha. The Benefit High Beam is defo one of my faves, but I've been meaning to get some Hourglass highlighters for the longest time now!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh thank god Mary, I knew I wasn't the only one!! I can't wait to see you collection!!
      Sorry for the late reply! xx

      Delete
  4. Wow these are all so pretty!!! Definitely inspiring me to add more to my collection x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katina! Sorry for the late reply! xx

      Delete
  5. Such a great collection, I have only just started really loving highlighters and using them. I have a couple but need to add some more to my collection the Becca highlighters are on my list to get they look stunning!

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nicole! I hope you have managed to add some Becca goodies to your collection!!
      Sorry for the late reply! xx

      Delete
  6. I am completely in love with MAC's Strobe Cream, it's such a versatile product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great all-rounder! Definitely a must have!
      Sorry for the late reply! xx

      Delete
  7. Gaaaahd they are all so gorgeous! I seriously need to get my hands on a Becca powder highlight - I absolutely love the liquid ones!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Shiny. Must Collect. ha I know you have your hands on some Becca goodies now! Shine on my little friend!!
      Sorry for the late reply! xx

      Delete
  8. So many gorgeous highlighters in one post. This post was basically me all over. I really want to try Becca highlighters! x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could share outrageous collection with you! I have since added quite a few more!!
      Sorry for the late reply! xx

      Delete
  9. Benefit High Beam is my JAM! I can't wait to try out some more powder highlighters though, they are just more difficult to travel with :(

    Kate | themintedblog.com // more.themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have gotten your hands on some more highlighters since returning home girl!
      Sorry for the late reply! xx

      Delete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...