Photo Diary - Africa & Mauritius 2007

09:00:00



I recently found my discs with our pictures from my family holiday to Kenya and Mauritius in 2007, so I thought I would give you a bit of a photo diary of our time there!

*NOTE: this is a very picture heavy post, please be patient if it takes a few moments to load!!*

If you ever get the chance to travel to either countries, definitely do it!! You will not regret it!!

First off, we had a week in Mauritius, it was so beautiful, and I definitely would love to go back one day!!




We then flew from Mauritius into Nairobi, Kenya and started a one week safari tour around Kenya! Unfortunately I was a naive little 18 year old and didn't take notice of where we actually went, however the one I do remember is the Maasai Mara, with the beautiful Maasai people!

Our Wheels for the Week!!


View from one of our lodgings!







ahhh 18 yo me... thank god I've grown up! :)


One of the MANY flat tyres we had!
Having a lion this close to you was unbelievable! Resting in the shade on a very hot day!!









What can you see?? The only Male Lion sighting on our trip!!
We visited a Maasai Village and school, they were all so brightly dressed, the men wear red to supposedly scare off lions when hunting!



We brought lots of books and supplies for a local school!



Maasai Sunset

Mt Kilimanjaro





Back in Nairobi we visited the Giraffe Centre and hand fed some endangered Rothschild Giraffes, from their breeding program.





Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:


Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...