DIY Beauty Series #4 - Brush Cleaner

09:00:00





Making your own spot brush cleaner is super easy and so much cheaper than buying brush cleaner from your favourite brand. 
If you actually look at the ingredients on your brush cleaner, you will most probably see the items I have listed below in the ingredients tab.
You only need 70% Isopropyl to properly kill germs, and disinfect your brushes. The Lavender oil, gives the cleaner a nice scent and takes away the slight alcohol scent and the added Tea Tree oil as natures antiseptic gives the cleaner an added boost.

Ingredients

  • Isopropyl Alcohol - I use the Diggers brand - which comes in a handy spray bottle (from Hardware stores) but you can buy larger bottles from beauty supply stores.
  • Distilled Water
  • Lavender Oil
  • Tea Tree Oil
  • a Spray Bottle
Method
Fill just over 3/4 of your spray bottle with the Isopropyl Alcohol, and top up with the Distilled Water, add about 4-5 drops of Lavender Oil and 2-3 of Tea Tree Oil. Place the lid on, and shake to combine. 

Thats it! You're done! Super easy and a lot cheaper than a $40 bottle of brush cleaner!

To Use
Spray onto paper towel and wipe your brushes back and forth to spot clean. 

I still recommend deep cleaning your brushes every 1 - 2 weeks depending how often you use them.


Mel x



As always, between posts you can find me:


Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Oh yeaah, I bought the Artiste brush cleaner only to realise it's basically isopropyl alcohol and fragrance. I felt a bit ripped off haha! This is a great idea though, I'll have to do it when I run out!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Artiste one too, however I think it smells horrible, and haven't used it since I bought it!! I know a certain brand that charge over $40 for a bottle of their cleaner, and it is literally lists the ingredients in my "recipe" its terrible, that they can charge so much for it!!
      Thanks for reading Tasha!! xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a good idea! Definitely going to try this out - thanks for sharing Melissa. :)

    Daniella | Freshly Pressed Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Daniella! Thanks for reading!! xx

      Delete
  3. Such a great idea, and that reminds me I need to clean my brushes haha, Love your blog following you on bloglovin' now :)

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Samileen!! You're so sweet!! I know, brush cleaning is one of those jobs, but once its done, it feels so much better using clean brushes!! Thanks for reading!! xx

      Delete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...