Winter is Coming.. (Maybe)

18:30:00



Finally! Its starting to feel a little bit like winter here is sunny QLD! Last week the temperatures finally dropped below 30 degrees, and to our surprise, below 10 degrees - well at night at least.




So with the cooler weather finally upon us I thought I would share my picks for this seasons lip colours!

First up:

Bite Beauty - Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Truffle* - $36.95

Truffle

Bite Beauty is a natural lip care company based in Toronto, Canada. They have set out to make high performance lip products that are good enough to eat! That's right, all their products are food grade quality and you could eat them if you wanted to! The Matte Creme Lip Crayon is a recent release for the brand with 12 beautiful colours to suit every skin tone.
Truffle is a deep vampy purple burgundy with cooler undertones and a somewhat glossy finish for a matte product. Its applies smoothly however the colour can be a little patchy and requires a few layers to get a true colour. The colour leaves a nice stain on the lips if you wanted a more understated way to wear this bold colour.

Shanghai Suzy - Miss Nicole Burgundy Brown* - $12.95

Miss Nicole

Shanghai Suzy are another lip product only company based in Australia, they make affordable on trend colours that are limited edition and release a new batch of colours every 6 months. Added Bonus - the lipsticks all smell like GRAPE BUBBLEGUM!
Miss Nicole is from their SS14/15 range however is a perfect winter colour and so very now with the 90's lip trend still around for AW15. 

VivaGlam III out of my LE VivaGlam Lip Palette

This lipstick was launched back in 2000 as part of the Viva Glam range, where every cent from the sales of these lipsticks go towards the MAC Aids Fund, which in itself is a pretty good reason to pick up any of the Viva Glam lipsticks.
Viva Glam III is a muted brown-ish plum in a matte formula. 

Nars Audacious lipstick in Vera - $44.00


Nars released their new Audacious range of lipsticks late last year in celebration of its 20th anniversary. The highly pigmented range are said to deliver an intense, full-colour finish in one sweep of the lipstick, and that is certainly what they deliver!! 
Vera is described as bright raspberry in colour with warm undertone and a lovely soft sheen finish

Mac in Velvet Teddy - $36.00


MAC are known for their broad range of lipsticks and all of the limited edition collections they release throughout the year. Any colour you can think of, MAC have probably have it in lipstick form, and one of the many finishes they have. 
Velvet Teddy is from their permanent collection and is described as a deep-toned beige in a matte finish and a holy grail colour amongst beauty enthusiasts around the globe.

(L - R) Truffle, Vera, Velvet Teddy, Miss Nicole & VivaGlam III

What are your must have colours for the upcoming cooler months?




Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:

You can find me on:
Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl



*These products were provided to Loads of Lifestyle for consideration, however my opinions are always my own!


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Yes, the weather did get quite chilly over the past couple of days! Quite windy over here too! Love these lip colours. I'm definitely looking forward to wearing the deep, vampy shades this season! I wasn't sure about the Shanghai Suzy shade, but once I tried it on my lips, I really liked it!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh pretty picks! I love anything vampy, but I also think brown nudes and burnt oranges will be lovely for the colder months. x


    Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank lovely! x Ohh burnt oranges would be awesome! I might have to custom mix one with MAC Morange and something else.. hmmm but what!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the same, I was like ugh! a colour for mum, but then I tried it and loved it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @missnewbeauty and you have now convinced me I need to try Bite Beauty, and the list gets longer!! 💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty colours! My favorite would be the second from the left - Vera ;)

    If you'd like you could check out my new blog http://aaarabesque.blogspot.com - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...