Empties #1

19:28:00


My first ever empties post! I have been saving these up for the last 3 months, as I plan to do a post every season! My boyfriend thinks I'm a little crazy saving all these empty bottles and packets, but what does he know..

I am going to break this down into a few categories; Skincare, Haircare, Make-Up and Body Care. 


Alrighty lets do this!



Skincare




Jurlique - Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum (rrp from $79.00) 

I really like this serum, but I like to change up my skincare often. I would definitely recommend purchasing this serum. However at this stage I will not be re-purchasing.
Repurchase: Yes - in the future

Jurlique - Rosewater Balancing Mist (rrp $49.00)

I like the rosewater scents of this mist, and the refreshing feeling after a quick spritz. However you can get cheaper options of this from other brands.
Repurchase: No

Clinique - Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream (rrp $55.00)

I actually stole this off my mother, as she got it in a clinique pack for christmas a year or two ago and i had barely used it, but I have noticed the fine lines under my eyes in the last 6 months, so I started using this religiously, however I noticed no significant different in my lines :( 
Repurchase: No

By Terry - Cellularose Brightening Serum (deluxe sample) (rrp $120.00)

Ooh I really liked this one! The scent was a really nice rosey scent, if you couldn't tell from the name. I loved the way my skin felt after using this, and it absorbed well into my skin. The only thing that puts me off is the prices, but only a little. The full size bottle is 30ml and I would probably last you quite a while. The little deluxe sample tube I had lasted me over a month and I was using it day & night! 
Repurchase: Yes i think it would be worth the money

LUSH - Cupcake Mask* (rrp $16.95)

I love Lush. I am a bit of a Lush junkie and normally can't walk into a store without purchasing something (and I'm glad that my nearest store is 4hrs away) But because of that distance I had never thought of purchasing one of their fresh face masks. But it lasted the drive home well (with a freeze brick) and I have LOVED using this! It managed to clear out the pores on my nose like nothing else has before and it also smells like chocolate! What's not to love?! 
Repurchase: YES! Already have!! 

Milk & co - Beauty Wipes (rrp $9.99)

Now I bought these on a whim from coles as I had heard good things about Milk & co. However these beauty wipes (makeup remover wipes) were not. They were very dry and not moist like a remover wipe should be! They have two sides, a normal clothe side, and an exfoliating side. The exfoliation side, in my opinion was a little too rough on my skin and felt like I was using sandpaper on my face!
Repurchase: No

Elemis - Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules - 7 day supply* (rrp $185.00 for a 30day supply)

These capsules came in handy portion sized capsules that would be great for travelling - if you're afraid of pumps leaking. They smelt lovely, Rose for daytime and Lavender for night-time. The pure moringa oil, felt nice when applied to the skin and absorbed quickly, however only having a 7 day sample, I feel it wasn't ample enough time to test this product. 
Repurchase: Unsure if its worth the $$

Chapstick - Cake Batter flavour (rrp $4.69)

Chapsticks have been in my life for as long as I can remember! But I usually lose them before I can finish one! But I had this yummy smelling cake batter flavour on my desk at work, and used it everyday! Love the softness of my lips after using my chapsticks all day!
Repurchase: Definitely -currently using Pomegranate Gumdrop flavour!

Chapstick - Night Repair (rrp $7.99 - day/night repair duo)

Another chapstick product, and another essential! I keep this beside my bed and apply it when I get into bed everynight! It keeps my lips nice and hydrated throughout the night!
Repurchase: Yes


Haircare





Batiste - Dry Shampoo (rrp $12.95)

Dry shampoo is LIFE! I am a lazy person and wash my hair maybe twice a week if I can be bothered. I like this brand because they do ones for us darker haired ladies. However the Boyf doenst like me using aerosol products. (hes a weirdo, but I love him!)
Repurchase: Yes (but no) 

Cedel - Dry Shampoo* (rrp $3.99)

Same goes for this dry shampoo, however it wasn't a tinted formula so if I didnt rub/brush it in well enough it looked like I had grey hair. However the smaller packaging would be great for chucking in the handbag for touchups.
Repurchase: No






Make-Up




Napoleon Perdis - Off-Duty Tinted Moisturiser in Med/Dark (rrp $39.00)

I bought this back when I worked at a napoleon counter at a pharmacy. I pretty much used this for my everyday look, as i prefer not to wear foundation everyday! Unfortunately there is only 2 colours in this range - Light/Medium or Medium/Dark, so if you are a pale or darker gal it may not be the product for you. 
Repurchase: Probably not

MAC - Pressed Blot Powder in Medium (rrp $36.00)

I have had this for YEARS! As you only need a little bit just to set  or absorb excess oil. I only used this on my T-Zone, hence why it lasted so long! 
Repurchase: Yep! 



Body Care




Frank - Coconut Coffee Scrub (rrp $14.95)

This stuff is pretty great! It smells amazing, does a wonderful job of removing the dead skin, and leaving your skin feeling lovely and soft. However you can make your own really cheaply. 
Repurchase: Nope - I now make my own (recipe coming soon)

Frank - Original Coffee Scrub (rrp $17.95)

As above :)

MUD - Clay Mud Bath (rrp $21.95)

This MUD bath, is a mix of natural clays, rock salts and plant powders, designed to be used as a detox bath, or if you are unlucky enough not to have a bath in your home, you can use it as a face mask. I found it really relaxing and calming with the lavender powder, and found I had a great night sleep afterwards.
Repurchase: Yes

Clinique - Happy Heart Perfume (rrp $115.00)

The boyfriend bought me this perfume a couple of years ago, and I still love it! Its fresh, light and a little fruity, but not over the top sweet! I will probably pick up another when we go o/s later this year.
Repurchase: Yes!

LUSH - Rub Rub Rub Body Scrub (rrp $14.95)

I got this in a Christmas Box in the LUSH 50% off boxing day sales, and I only used it a few times before the boyfriend devoured it. Its smelt clean and a little like the sea. It wasn't as coarse as say a coffee scrub, but still did a great job!
Repurchase: No

LUSH - Snow Fairy Shower Gel (rrp $9.95 - limited edition)

This highly coveted limited edition christmas scent, is like smelling fairy floss and bubblegum all in one! I bought this on a whim at the LUSH boxing day sales, without having smelt it before! It is VERY sweet smelling, so if your not into that I'd avoid this one.
Repurchase: Yes, when christmas comes back around!  

Vaseline - Aloe Body Moisturiser 750ml (rrp $11.59) - not pictured

A staple in my bathroom! I always have some laying around the house! Its simple, non-greasey, and smells great!
Repurchase: Already have!



Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:

You can find me on:
Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl 







*I just want to apologise for the quality of the photos in this post. The weather has been miserable with terrible lighting*



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...