Updated: Everyday Skincare

18:00:00

I believe I am well overdue for an updated skincare post! My skin has been amazing lately!! And I have a plethora of products to thank for it!! So take a seat, grab a cuppa or a glass of wine - this is a little bit of a long one..

Step 1: Make-Up Removal - I have a 2 step process for my make-up removal, depending how much I am wearing! For my eye make-up I use the Bioderma Sebium H2O Micelle Solution and then I go in with a oil cleanser to break down the rest of my face. At the moment I am loving DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and the Banila Clean It Zero cleansing balm.


Step 2: Cleansing - I have found my HG cleanser. The Medik8 poreCleanse Gel, I am on my second tube of it, and I love it! It contains a combination of L-Mandelic, Salycilic and L-Lactic acids for a more gentle acidic face wash, compared to a Glycolic based cleanser. It does what it says, it clears out my pores and if I have an pesky breakouts appearing, it zaps them before they get too big!! Next up, I use the Medik8 White Balance Cleanse* which is a powder cleanser you mix with a few drops of water and watch it foam up! Its quite a fun product to use! It's infused with patent pending Oxy-R (oxyresveratrol), that works to even the skin's tone and protect it from elements that may increase skin pigmentation. It also contains bamboo micro-exfoliant particles to smooth the skin. I have been loving using this at night after my gel cleanser. The combination of these 2 products has been my skin become so much brighter and I haven't even been getting any hormonal breakouts that I usually get at that time of the month!!

Step 3: Toner - long gone are the astringent toners from my youth, I am now all about the moisture enhancing toners, inspired by my love of Korean skincare! The two that I am using at the moment are the Secret Key Milk Brightening Toner* and the Face Shop Rice and Ceramide Moisture Toner. Both are thicker than your usual watery toner, so much so that I can place the toner in the middle of my palm and press the toner into mix skin (which is much better than swiping!)



Step 4: Essences, Serums & Ampoules - The more the merrier! Essences, Serums and Ampoules a basically the same thing, they are concentrated liquids designed to target a specific issue. The two that I am currently using are the Medik8's Hydr8 B5 serum which as you can see by the name, is a hydrating serum containing Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin B5. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and hydrated! The other is the Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence by the Korean brand COSRX. It is made with 96% all-natural snail secretion filtrate, it is a powerful essence that is suppose to transform your  complexion, for healthier and more elastic skin. I have been really enjoying using this essence. the texture is a little strange to get used to, because of the high percentage of the snail secretion filtrate, it does have a slimy texture to it! But it leaves the skin bouncy and looking younger.

Day Time:

Step 5: Eye Cream - The Medik8 Hydr8 Eye 360* is an all-in-one hydrating eye cream with an SPF15 sun protection. It also contains antioxidants and anti-glycations to help improve the appearance of fine lines and puffiness.

Step 6: Sunscreen - My HG sunscreen, the Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face Superscreen SPF50+, oh my. This is the greatest facial sunscreen ever. It is thick but not to thick, doesn't have that horrible sunscreen smell, and protects you skin from all those UVA/B. It's non-greasy and hydrating all at the same time.



Night Time:

Step 5: Treatments and Oils - So this section changes every second night. I will switch between these two options. Option 1: Alpha-H Liquid Gold, a glycolic acid based resurfacing treatment, designed to brighten and revitalise dull and tired skin. I am on my third bottle of it and it literally is Liquid Gold! If I am using this, I skip steps 3 & 4, and apply the Liquid Gold and nothing else. However if you have more sensitive skin, its advised to use a moisturiser over the top. Option 2: Dermalogica Phyto Replenish Oil*, a feather-light treatment oil that is absorbed into the skin almost instantly. It helps to reinforce the skins protective barrier. Because I have a more oily skin type, I opt to wear this oil at night time, but you can wear it day or night.

Step 6: Overnight Treatments and Moisturisers - DNA Restoring Mask by Dr Ronald Moy* since this beauty came across my desk, I have been in love! You can either use it as a mask up to 3 times per week, or if you prefer a more intense treatment like I do, you can leave it on as an overnight mask. It helps reduce sun damage with DNA Repair Enzymes delivered through liposomes to deeply penetrate the skin. I have used this on sunburns at night and have woken up with it greatly reduced. I use this every 3 or 4th night. The other product that I use in-between is the Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar Dry* for a product that is designed for dry skin, it does wonders for oily skin. It would be too much to wear as a daily moisturiser for someone with oily skin, but as an night time moisturiser it is a great choice. It leaves my skin nice, plump and hydrated the next morning.


So there you have it.. My everyday skincare routine! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to leave them in the comment section below!

Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |


Note: Products marked with an asterisk(*) have been sent to Loads of Lifestyle for editorial consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I love the Alpha H Liquid Gold, one of my holy grail products that I always repurchase. I have oily skin too, the Dermalogica oil sounds perfect! Great post xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous skincare routine! I actually haven't used any of these products that you mentioned besides the DHC Cleansing Oil and Liquid Gold but I'm pretty much sold at the sound of that Medik8 Cleansing duo. I have had so many hormonal breakouts lately, I just need something to whip them right back into shape and these two products sound amazing! x

    Chantalle | www.ceceandgrace.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is literally the perfect post to read right now as I am really trying to hone down my routine when it comes to skincare!

    x Tash / Becomingtashh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a thorough routine! I love it!! And I see so many favourites in here!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a comprehensive skincare routine!

    I love Alpha-H Liquid Gold! It's one of my holy grail products!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've got your skincare well planned out. One of my faves is the mecca sunscreen! I love it!

    Rochelle || www.simplesocialsister.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely routine! Those Medik8 products sound phenomenal and totally up my alley! Would love to try them. And omg Liquid Gold really IS liquid gold! I have a backup bottle waiting for me but I'm trying to finish my Pixi Glow Tonic first. Liquid Gold is so much more effective - though Glow tonic is a good gentle option haha.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many of my favourites! Love Alpha H Liquid Gold & I've been loving Medik 8 products too lately X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I'll have to give that cleansing oil a try. I also use the liquid gold but I can't use it as frequently as you do unfortunately! Stupid sensitive skin :P I'm still working my way up to using it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spy so many of my favourites!! Great post and lot's of great detail on the products. I'm interested DNA Restoring mask you mentioned. Is it quite nourishing to the skin too? I like that super hydrated feeling after wearing a mask.
    Isabella | www.digyhu.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...