Before & After: Simple Bedroom Makeover

18:00:00

I have been seriously itching to do things to our new house. Since we moved in in February, I have made all these grand plans in my head, only to slowly come to the realisation, owning a house is bloody expensive!! Repayments, insurance, water & rates.. It all adds up! So these grand plans (new bathroom and kitchen) will stay in my head for quite a while now, so I am doing little bits here and there to make it feel like our own. 

So my first little venture into our makeover, is purely a styling makeover. I would have loved to have painted as well, but we are heading overseas next month, so I thought I better not!

Our bedroom before.. A mix of cheap doona cover, semi-expensive sheets and mis-matched lamps and basically a mess. I wanted our bedroom to feel a little more luxurious and cohesive.


Our bedhead and side draws are about 8 years old (James bought them before we were together). The bed has a beautiful curved timber head and matching timber draws. (similar here and here).


For our new linen, I chose the Aura Home Mason Fringe Quilt Cover set in Rose Dust (available here) and Sheets on the Line Classic Luxe Sheets in Mist (available here) with The Goodnight Co. Silk Pillowcases in charcoal (available here). I also added some european pillows from kmart & grey cases from target. I am yet to find the perfect throw pillows for the top of the bed. I am thinking of one of those circular knot pillows!


I absolutely love our bedside lamps! As soon as I saw them in the window of Nutmeg Home (our local homeware shop) I knew they would be the perfect addition to our bedroom makeover. They are the Orbit Lamp by Elegant Designs (available here, similar in white here). I love the gold foil on the glass lamp bases, plus the gold knob at the top of the off-white shade. I styled the bedsides with some of James' current reads, and 2 trinket bowls and my current fav Ecoya candle (White Peach & Orange Blossom - available here)



Lastly, our little antique set of draws. James picked these up at a antique store years ago. The third mirror, though still whole, the brackets that hold it, are broken. So I need to find some new ones. We have also replaced 3 of the 6 draw pulls (just waiting on the other 3 to arrive). The parlour palm, had been ripped to shreds by my cats, so I moved it in here to recover and it loves the bright light in our room. I popped it in the mid-century style pot and stand from kmart (available here) I have been loving this style of plant stand for the longest of time, and when I saw it at kmart, I knew I had to have it!  


Well there you have it, I hope you liked this little insight into our home! If you really like these types of posts and would like to see more, let me know in the comment section below!! Hopefully next will be my beauty room makeover! 

Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |





You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Love this, Mel!

    I can't wait until we find a house we like to do it up. The thought of all the stuff you have to pay for is pretty scary, we have been saving hard so I'm sure it will be ok.

    Maddie | www.maddiesbeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so scary! But it is all worth it in the end! We could definitely save harder thats for sure.. haha

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So do I, they are so pretty but still quite masculine!

      Delete
  3. I like how simple and sophisticated the room looks like.
    The dusty pink comforter is really cute. The plant brings life to the room.

    Yvonne | Beauty & Lifestyle
    http://www.itsyregi.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with the pink comforter! My partner has other opinions, but he will get over it!! haha

      Delete
  4. Love this! A little restyling can make a huge change to the room! Your walls look so much whiter with the new bed sheets!

    Jessica || Of Purity and Simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour scheme you have now! Perfectly cosy for Winter :)

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these kinds of posts and you did an awesome job making things over, I love the colours you chose for your bedding and pillows!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you were able to achieve an awesome makeover with just a few minimal changes! I love the bedsheets you chose and the lamps!!! It's made such a huge difference! It looks great!!! xx

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...