Life Update 2017

18:00:00

Well hello there! Long time no post!! I am truly sorry about that, but I have had some massive changes happen in life this last 3 months!!

If you follow me on Instagram you would probably already know this one, but on our holiday to Japan at the end of last year, my boyfriend James, asked me to marry him!! We had just had an onsen (Japanese hot-spring) and I was relaxing in our Ryokan (traditional inn) drinking some green tea and reflecting on our trip so far, when he joined me at the table and popped the question!! He gave me a gorgeous antique diamond ring from the 1890's!! I love that it is such a quality piece that has lasted way over a century!! So I have been busy planning our engagement party, as we don't really plan to get married, well at least for 3 or 4 years at the earliest!


The second huge change/piece of news... We Bought a HOUSE!! We looked at it and signed contract before we left for Japan at the start of December, so we had to wait a few months for settlement, but we finally got the keys on Valentines Day! We sat on the front deck and popped a bottle of Moet and toasted to the next 30 years of repayments!! haha So we have been busy packing for the last couple of weeks, and my beauty room has been packed up even longer because of the room it was in doesn't have any air conditioning vents, and it has been ridiculously hot for the last 2 months, I decided to pack it up, so my lipsticks wouldn't melt!! So that's why I haven't been as active on Instagram or the blog!!


So now, we have started to move all of our belongings into the new house, and hopefully have our first night in it on Friday!! It is a gorgeous little weatherboard cottage with 3 bedrooms and a sleep-out, which is going to be my beauty room! It has its own separate entry, which will be good for my make-up clients!! It has a lovely front deck and front yard, with an original lamp post that still works. The backyard has a massive shed, paved entertaining area and the best feature... a in-ground swim-spa!! We absolutely love our new little pad and I cannot wait to start decorating!! Eeep!


So it will be a few more weeks before I get back to regular posting, as I have so many things coming up (hen's parties, weddings, and our engagement party!) But I will hopefully post a few posts here and there!!

Thats it for now, hopefully I can have a post up for you all next week too!! In the mean time, I am looking for fabulous pieces of decor and furniture for our house! Let me know your favourite websites to pick up decor and furniture in the comments below!!

Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Wow Mel! You have been busy. Congratulations again on the engagement and OMG your house is incredible! So perfect for you! <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T!! Its such a nice house! I just want to be all moved in and unpacked already!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the engagement lovely!! YOUR HOUSE IS STUNNINNNNNG. Thats like my ideal house. So happy for you, this is such an exciting new chapter <3

    Tash / becomingtashh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my ideal house too!! That's why we bought it!! haha Thank you for the kind words!! x

      Delete
  3. Omggg, congrats on getting engaged and purchasing a house! Huge milestones in life!! So happy for you!

    Jessica || Of Purity and Simplicity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica!! Sorry about the late reply :)

      Delete
  4. endless congrats hun!!! I am so happy for you and your house looks amazing! My partner and I have been looking to buy for a while (out of Sydney because it's to expensive!). but my gosh look at your pool!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily!! I would hate to think how long it would take us to save to live anywhere near Sydney!! I grew up in Newcastle, its a great spot! You should look there!! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my woww, so much excitement!! First of all, congrats on the engagement, sounds like it was the perfect proposal and my gosh the ring sounds gorgeous!! Secondly, amazing house news - it's such a beautiful property! All the best in your new home!!

    Sinéad ♥ Check out my re-launched blog HERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sinéad! The proposal was amazing! And I adore my ring!! It has so much more character and history!! x

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your engagement and wow serious house envy!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! Its an amazing first house!! I can't wait to do some serious decorating!! x

      Delete
  7. Congrats again on your engagement lovely :)
    Also on buying your dream home!! I wish we could find something like this in Brisbane for under $600K 😂

    Maddie | www.maddiesbeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddie!! Oh that would be tough! We paid just over half of that!! Maybe move to the country?? haha Goodluck finding your dream home!! x

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! That's fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...