Swatched: Colour Pop Liquid Lipsticks

08:00:00

When a few girls at work said they wanted to try some Colour Pop goodies, I quickly put my hand up and suggested we all go in to save on the monstrous shipping costs Colour Pop charge. 


I have quite a few liquid lipsticks (by various brands) and I am still on the fence about if I prefer them to regular lipsticks. Sure, I love the longevity of them, but some can be so dying and feel so heavy on the lips. But others are so creamy and feel like you're wearing nothing at all (nothing at all, nothing at all). Let me know if you would like a comparison post in the comments below!

To be quite honest, I feel like I chose colours I actually already have in my collection, (hands up if anyone else does this too?!) But I couldn't go past all those beautiful rosey and brown based nudes plus my favourite brights - orange based reds!! I picked 3 colours from the Ultra Satin Lip collection and 4 from the Matte Lip collection. 

The Ultra Satin formula lightweight and comfortable liquid lipstick with a satin finish. It doesn't dry down completely like their Matte sisters, however do last a good 3-5hrs without needing to be touched up. Because they don't dry completely matte, they can transfer onto your boyfriend/coffee cup etc.

The Ultra Matte formula is exactly that, a super matte lipstick with a intense colour pay off. These lasted a good 5-6 hours, or until I ate something oily for lunch (chips/burger, I am looking at you!) and then had to re-apply in the centre of my lips only.



Dopey (satin) - a beautiful dusty mauve colour
Spritz (satin) - a mid-toned pink, pulls warm on my skin tone 
Naked Ladies (satin) - a gorgeous corally red colour, perfect for spring
Clueless (matte) - another dusty mauve colour that are so similar
Trap (matte) - that 90's greige shade that is so hot right now
Beeper (matte) - a warm mid-toned brown
First Class (matte) - a vivid orange based red (that I love) but every time I try to apply this it crumbles and flakes, even if I have prepped my lips with a sugar scrub! :( 

Overall, I am quite happy with my collection, but I do wish that First Class would play nicely and wear as perfect as the colour is!! I am happy that I have tried the formula but I don't think I would make another order for their Liquid Lipsticks. But at $6(USD) per lipsticks they are super affordable, and definitely value for money. If only they would drop their international shipping rates!!


Have you tried Colour Pop Liquid Lipsticks yet? 

Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. These shades look so pretty, especially Dopey! My fave from Colourpop has to be Tulle, it's literally the best colour for all skin tones hands down! Hope you get the chance to get more shades, I swear Colourpop is always releasing new colours every few weeks/months lol. ♡

    Evelyn | BeautyCloud9

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a huge list of things I want to try from ColourPop but the shipping stops me every time. I really wish they would review and improve it as I'm sure I'm not the only one! Literally all the lipsticks/lip products I buy these days are nude colours - mostly warm brown nudes haha so I totally hear you! I love the shades you picked. I think the matte liquid lipsticks would be too drying for me but I've been dying to try the satin formula! xx

    Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of all of the shades you have. I can't believe I'm still to try anything xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dopey is stunning!! x

    Tash | becomingtashh.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get some Colourpop lipsticks! I just always pack up my shopping cart and then baulk when it comes to shipping. I've been trying to hold out until they do flat rate but they never do :'( Excuse me while I go fill up my cart for the third time on that site hahaha.

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spritz looks like my shade for sure! I really prefer the satin finishes myself over the matte but the mattes are also comfy! I would definitely own more of these if shipping wasn't so expensive!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big fan of liquid lipstick but colourpop's formula isn't so bad. Those are a nice range of colors you got.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...