Foundation Focus #2 Laura Mercier - Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide*

09:00:00



I am back with #2 of my Foundation Focus series. If you remember from my first part (which you can read here) I have made this into a little experiment and I am keeping the variables the exact same with each post/foundation tested.

To jog your memory these are the variables (i.e. other make-up)


  • Primer - Hourglass Mineral Veil
  • Concealer - Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer
  • Powder - Face of Australia Translucent Powder
  • Blush - Arbonne blush in Sunset*
  • Bronzer - Nars Laguna
  • Mascara - Benefit Roller Lash*
  • Brows - ABH Brow Wiz in Chocolate (edit: used to be Benefit Gimme Brow - but I ran out)
  • Highlight - MAC - Soft & Gentle
And for every foundation tested and I will also be applying the foundation the same way - with my fingers and finished with a Beauty Blender.

Laura Mercier 


Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation 


Dusk ($59) 30ml


Loads of Lifetyle says:


At the moment, I would have to say, this is my favourite foundation! Its the one I reach for the most, when I decide to wear foundation, its lightweight, has a lovely satin-y finish, and looks like my skin but better! I don't know what else I would have to say to convince you! (haha) Its long wearing, I can go out dancing or to a formal event and not have to worry about my face falling off! Its also oil-free for all you oily skin gals out there!! I get quite an oily t-zone throughout the day and I only have to blot around 3pm (if I'm wearing throughout the day).

The one of the down falls of this foundation, (and oh so trivial) is the packaging. This foundation has the cap on the bottom, and the top of the bottle is rounded. The issue I have with this is; this foundation is VERY runny. Plus you have to shake the bottle vigorously to mix the colour true pigments with the reflective waters. When you open the cap, if you open it up the wrong way up, the foundation tends to explode a little and make a mess and of course waste precious product! I actually store this foundation upside down, in the back of my lipstick holder (it has a few deep wider segments that fit the bottle perfectly!)

Laura Mercier say:


This revolutionary bi-phase, two part formula is designed to deliver the most natural looking colour and lightweight coverage. Colour true pigments rest at the bottom of the package while reflective waters (Hydro-Brilliant Technology) float to the top. Vigorously shaking the package before each use ensures the pigments blend with the reflective waters to create fresh colour every time.

  • Long-wear (12 hours). 
  • Humidity-proof, sweat-proof / water resistant. 
  • Oil-free; non-comedogenic. Non-greasy; non-drying. 
  • Dermatologist tested. 
  • Suitable for all skin types (including sensitive skin), especially normal-to-oily skins.

And now for the proof!


Fresh Faced

With a moderate application of foundation, applied with my fingers and then finished with a beauty blender, and a light application of concealer under my eyes.

Foundation & Under Eye Concealer Applied only
With the rest of the Make-Up applied from above, and my new favourite lip combination - Rimmel London - Oh My Gloss! in Love Bug & Maybelline - Colour Drama Lip Pencil in Nude Perfection!

(9:30am) 
Brows & Contour!
A little bit of a close up!
Taken after a day of grocery shopping, cleaning, baking and tea parties on the back deck in the afternoon sun!

(4:45pm)

So what do you think? I can't wait to try more from the Laura Mercier range! I have my name on the wait list for the Indiscretion Face Illuminator which originally sold out last month, and is being re-released again in August, hopefully I can get my hands on one! 

*These products were provided to Loads of Lifestyle for consideration, however my opinions are always my own!*

What foundation would you like to see tested next? 


Don't forget to enter my 1 year Blogiversary Giveaway!


 Mel x



As always, between posts you can find me:



Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle




You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Ooooo! This looks great! Really need to expand my foundation horizons! Haha I've been using Cover Girl 3in1 every day for the last year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to too! haha I only have high end foundations, I need to pick up some drug store foundations, but I am very limited as to what I can pick up here in Gundy.. Thanks for reading lovely! xx

      Delete
  2. Laura Mercier has amazing face products, I really want to try their concealer out :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much now want one of everything from Laura Mercier!! But my nearest counter is over 4hrs away! :( I need to head to Brisbane asap!!
      Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  3. Hey Melissa! The foundation looks nice on ya! I am an Oily Combo & I might give this foundation a try. I actually wanted to get this foundation few months ago but I stumbled upon YSL Fusion Ink Foundation at Mecca Maxima. So, I decided to try that. Partly, due to the foundation scent lol. I have been rotating few foundations since winter started. Laura Mercier is definitely in my wishlist :)

    Hana | Bold Expression

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard amazing things about the YSL Fusion Ink! I will have to get a sample next time I'm near a Mecca!!
      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! The foundation looks amazing on your skin. I've never tried any Laura Mercier foundations but I really can't wait to see what the fuss is all about :)

    Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daniela!! I have been absolutely loving it! It wears so well and looks like skin! Thanks for reading lovely!! xx

      Delete
  5. Wow your skin looks really great! Good review!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination
    Btw check out my sweet Lightbox Giveaway if you haven’t already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tegan!! I have been loving your posts!! x

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! I love your makeup- it's so dewy and fresh!
    I really want to get into Laura Mercier products- I have been lusting after the secret camouflage concealer for years!

    X

    Anjelique

    www.anjelique.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love MAC Soft & Gentle makes any foundation look glowy x

    thebeautystorm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soft & Gentle is a must for glowy skin!! I have also been loving Becca shimmering skin perfector in Opal!
      Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  8. Wow, I can't believe how good this look after a full day! It hasn't budged at all. Also you look so pretty with all of your makeup done! Love the lips :)

    I would love to try this but I have so many other foundations to get through first before I can justify this purchase!!! Great post lovely xxx

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!! Its such an awesome foundation!! I want to try more from Laura Mercier - i have heard good things about one of their setting powders!! Thanks for reading lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  9. Ahh I have had this on my list to get for a while now I just need to get off my butt and go get it! It looks gorgeous and I cannot believe the staying power.

    Nicole xo | www.nicolesbeautybabble.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...