Winter Hydration & Glow

08:27:00

With winter finally upon us here in sunny Queensland, my skin, like most I believe, has started to have a little freak out. The cold outside air, the hot inside air, boiling hot showers (I know, super bad for me, but cannot live without), my skin dehydrates all over and I'm constantly itchy (tmi??)


I was recently sent a few super luxe goodies from a couple of brand from the Estee Lauder Companies (think Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Aveda) and they have been an absolute god-send for my poor dry skin!!


Let’s start with make-up removal. Cleansing with the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm*, using a cleansing balm (or oil) to remove your make-up at the end of the day in winter is a great first step at adding an extra boost of hydration. The oils in the balm help to break down all the grime and make-up from the day (even waterproof mascara!), and also helps to moisturise the skin. I had read so many amazing reviews on this product over the years and can now say for myself how great it is! I even have my mother-in-law hooked!

For daytime hydration, I’ve been loving the newest release from Clinique’s Moisture Surge range, the 72hr Auto Replenishing Hydrator*. It’s a light gel-cream that sinks in quickly absorbs into the skin. It has a unique technology that helps the skin create its own internal water source to help continually hydrate the skin. It will be perfect for my upcoming overseas holiday! 24hrs on a plane really sucks the moisture out of your skin!!

For night-time hydration, I have been using the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream*. It is a super-rich and thick face cream and for my combination (oily & dry) skin, its better suited for night-time application. I wake up with nice and pump skin, ready to start the day.


Having bright and naturally glowy skin is one of my skincare goals and a great way to achieve this is by using products that contain Vitamin C. Enter Clinique's Fresh Pressed™ Daily Booster*, this is totally different to any other vitamin c product I have used, because you activate it yourself. It comes in a cute little dispenser, where you mixed and activate the vitamin c powder with the soothing emulsion. Vitamin C can be highly unstable and looses its effectiveness when exposed to oxygen. Each tube contains a week's worth of serum (using 2 drop morning & night) or 2 weeks if only using mornings. 

And to add a final bit of colour and glow to my face, I've been using the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose. It has a beautiful mix of pinks and creates a beautiful rosey glow. It can be used on its own as a blush/highlighter combo or as a highlighter.


Overall I have been loving these new products in my winter routine and keeping my skin as hydrated as possible!! What are you favourite super hydrating products??





Note: Products marked with an asterisk(*) have been sent to Loads of Lifestyle for consideration. For more information, please read my disclaimer.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Such gorgeous products! I love the Clinique take the day off balm - it's so good! And I've been seeing that vitamin C product everywhere - so intriguing! Haha.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tasha!! I have been loving the balm!!

      Delete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...