2018 Goals & Word of the Year

08:00:00

Well I didn't even get around to posting goals for 2017 that's how slack I was..

I have read a few posts about creating a focus word for your whole year, something that will carry through all the goals you set for yourself for the year. Whether it be "Health", "Focus", "Learn" or any word that helps put you into a positive mindset. I've had a little think, and my focus word for 2018 is going to be:


This year I have some pretty big things happening year, so I obviously need to save some money, however I want to incorporate "Save" into other aspects of my life, not just in the monetary sense of the word.


I want to help save the planet from its over pollution, by saving things that I would normally throw into the bin and then on into landfill, so I want to start composting and a worm farm. Using reusable coffee cups and straws were ever possible and start reducing the amount of household waste our house produces. Saving on expensive chemical laden cleaning products, and making my own. I don't think I could ever get down to a complete zero waste lifestyle, but I want to at least half it.

Of course in the monetary sense, I would love to do some renovations to our house (probably in 2019) but we will need to save throughout 2018 to make it happen. We have a 4 week holiday booked in for the end of August, which we also need to save for (more on that in another post!). I also want to reduce debt and save on paying interest.

Bathroom reno inspo! Source: Clare Cousins
I guess that most things circle back to being about saving money, so we can afford to do the things we love. One other big thing I want to save is: myself. I want to save my self from looking at photos of myself and thinking look at all the weight you have put on in the last 2 years. Now, by no means am I fat or think myself as fat, I am between an Australian size 10-12 (probably leaning more on the 12 side). But, I have always been around a size 10 (since leaving high school 11 years ago), but I have lost muscle, I am not as active as I use to be, or want to be. So I am going to save myself, from myself. If that makes sense. (I'm not sure it does....)

Excuse the travel hair, but this was in Europe in 2013 - I would love to be back looking this healthy & happy again! (oh & tanned!)
Anyway, that's enough about that for now, so lets set some preliminary goals for the first 3 months of 2018:

  • Start a worm farm (I got one for Christmas! - so excited) and put all household food scraps (except onions/garlic and citrus) for my little wormy friends to feast on!
  • Make my own household cleaning products, using more natural ingredients
  • Think before making any purchases whether necessary or unnecessary (that $150 dress could be 1 nights accommodation or an experience whilst on holidays)
  • Join, participate and finish the Talk Healthy To Me 10 week challenge! Run by my blogger friend Tahana Lee
  • Be on track to paying off my credit card, with aims to be paid off by July. 
  • And obviously SAVE!! So I can afford to do all the things I want to do in the next year!
I would love to hear if you have a focus word for 2018, or some of your goals! Let me know in the comments below!!

Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |








You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. These are amazing goals. I’m still to secure a full time job after graduating so I can’t really save too much at the moment. My word is definitely progress! I feel a bit stalled so I just want to get things moving with my life and career :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the goal of 'save'! I need to do some monetary saving as well for my wedding, so I'm trying to learn to buy less and live a bit more minimalistic!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your goal to save! I'm kinda doing a year of saving myself. I think its great that you're not just talking about the monetary aspect. Its so important to just minimise our waste in general, when it comes to food and unnecessary purchases. Can't wait to see your progress x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea and I love what you are trying to do for the planet! Please share your natural household cleaning product recipes once you have them, after recently going cruelty free I am trying to make a conscious effort to be more mindful of the products I buy and the harm it could be doing to others and the planet.
    My focus word... Purpose :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the broad use of the word you've chosen "save". I haven't chosen a focus word yet this year although I have set goals for myself in all areas of my life.

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a focus word for the year! I think I’ll go with happiness. I want the choices I may this year whether that be personal or work ultimately make me happy.

    Rochelle || www.simplesocialsister.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl i love your goals! That bathroom reno pic is probably my dream bathroom - best of luck!
    Ebony x

    www.theblackandwhiteguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of focus word for the year. Save is indeed something that needs the focus most of the times, wishing you the best to achieve all the goals this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...