First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

18:00:00


When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to pick it up.


The Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly eyeshadow palette was inspired by the Peanut Butter shade from the famous Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette. Apparently it is a beautiful transition/crease shade (unfortunately I only own the original Chocolate Bar Palette) – but now that I own this palette I can see what all the fuss is about.


The palette is a little smaller than I imagined it would be – I have no idea why I pictured it bigger?? It contains 9 eyeshadows in total with 3 being matte (Extra Creamy, Peanut Butter & Nuts About U) and 6 shimmer/metallic (Spread the Love, Bananas, Peanut Butter Cup, Peanut Brittle, Jammin’ & Jelly) and with a total product weight of 11.4g. (3 x 2g and 6 x 0.9g).


Priced at $58 it works out you are paying $5.08/g of shadow compared with $78 for the Chocolate Bar Palette which has 17.6g of product, which equals $4.43/g of product. A price difference of $0.65/g.


Spread the Love – Medium Peach with Gold Sparkle
Bananas – Soft Peach with fine Gold Shimmer
Extra Creamy – Matte Creamy Beige
Peanut Butter – Matter Medium Orange Brown
Peanut Butter Cup – Metallic Golden Bronze with Gold Sparkle
Peanut Brittle – Metallic Burnt Orange
Jammin’ – Dark Chocolate with Golden Sparkle
Jelly – Vibrant Orchid
Nuts About U – Matte Brown with Red


Overall I am super happy so far with the gorgeous palette - I can't wait to have a play around and create a few looks with this and let you know my final thoughts about it. Also this palette smells AMAZING! It smells like Reece's Peanut Butter Cups - a favourite of mine! Yum!

Will you be picking this up when it gets released? Or are you holding out for the Sweet Peach Palette??


Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:

Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle


You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. The swatches of this palette look amazing!!! I am happy that I took the plunge and bought it although I recognize it was a bit of an unnecessary purchase. I can't wait to use mine!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to see what looks you come up with Sarah!!

      Delete
  2. I am Peanut Butter & Jealous of your purchase. Looks amazeballs <3 I couldn't justify it for the price right now, need to spend my money on boring adult things like bond and furniture -_- Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you for a pinch!

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo to being an adult! You don't need furniture.. ha you can sit on the floor right? ;)

      Delete
  3. That Peanut Brittle shade is gorgeous! I decided to skip this because the shades are a bit warm for me but it swatches out lovely. Great post :)

    Emma | Rosy Disposition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Peanut Brittle would have to be one of my favourite shades in the palette! Its so gorgeous! I adore warm shades so its perfect for me! Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  4. Since I got the Mecca email I have been undecided on purchasing this! I think it is a little unnecessary for me at the moment but also a little too much on the warm side for me. I think I'll take the plunge with the Peach Palette though, I can't wait for that one! xx

    Chantalle | www.ceceandgrace.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing myself and my terrible lack of self control I will probably pick up the Peach palette too!! hehe Not that I need it - but a peach smelling palette - I. Must. Have. It. x

      Delete
  5. Too Faced's eyeshadow quality is always so lovely! The shades here are beyond stunning. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Too Faced have great shadows! My most used palette is my Chocolate Bar palette! I adore it! Thanks for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  6. I so need this palette in my life, it's gorgeous xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo pretty Gemma! The shade Peanut Brittle is the most gorgeous shade! I cant wait to have a play around with it!! Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  7. Dayum this palette looks so amazing! Too Faced do the cutest makeup products!

    Cass | CassandraMyee - NZ Beauty Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too Faced is the cutest brand! They always put so much effort into their products/packaging!! Thanks for stopping by!! x

      Delete
  8. I totally wish they had these in store so I could smell it haha! My friend bought it though so I'll have to pop over for a swatch and sniff! I was a little tempted by this but I must say I'm saving for the Peach palette! The shades in here are so gorgeous though!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peach palette looks so nice! I will most prob buy it too! ha I think this would make a great travel palette! Its quite small and compact and has a good warm shade range - which I love! xx

      Delete
  9. Ooo I have to say I love Peanut Butter, and its crazy how this truly does smell like a Reeces Peanut Butter Cup. haha. I wonder if I would get sick of the smell after a while......

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...