Choc-O-Holic Eyes

08:00:00



So this post has been a long time coming.. I have planned to do one of these long ago - but then never had the time, so here it is at long last - MY VERY FIRST MAKE-UP LOOK post!

Today I will be using the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette to create an eye look that is inspired by one of KathleenLights latest videos.

When I saw this look on Kathleen's youtube, I knew I had to recreate it! Am I the only one who uses the exact same shades out of a palette every single time they use it? My go to shades in the Chocolate Bar palette are Marzipan, Salted Caramel and Triple Fudge. Every. Single. Time.
110 - Pink a Punch
So I start my base with Becca Backlight Primer on the high points of my face - mainly cheekbones, and a little above my brow, cupids bow - then use the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer for my T-zone to keep all that oiliness under control. Then I use my fingers and the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation to even out my skin tone. I then use a damp Beauty Blender to blend out any lines, and slightly sheer out my foundation. I then go in with the Estee Lauder Double Wear Brush on BB Glow to lightly conceal and highlight under my eyes. Then I set my concealer with my Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. I lightly set the rest of my face using the Face of Australia Translucent Powder with my damp beauty blender. Following that I sculpt the hollows of my cheekbones with NARS Laguna Bronzer, and applied Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12hr Blush in Prim(LE) to the apples of my cheeks. Then a sweep of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal across the high points of my face to highlight.
700 - Naughty Nude
For my eyes, I go in and prime with the Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer, and set that with White Chocolate. Using a soft blending brush (I use Sigma E25) I go in with Salted Caramel and blend that into my crease creating a nice deep colour. Using a pencil brush grab Semi Sweet and put into the outer corner of your eye and slowly drag the colour across the lid. Using the same brush, put Triple Fudge in the same area however concentrating on the outer corner only. Gradually increase the depth of colour, then push/smudge the darker colours into the bottom lash line. Go back in with your blending brush and Salted Caramel and give it a good blend working the darker colours into the crease but no further than halfway across the lid. Using a small shader brush, lightly highlight your brow bone with White Chocolate. Grab a medium/large shader brush (I use Sigma E55) and place Marzipan into the inner corner/centre of your lid. Spritz your brush with a little MAC Fix + (or similar) and dip it back into Marzipan and intensify the delicious colour that is Marzipan. Go back in with a blending brush and bring the Triple Fudge/Semi Sweet colours towards Marzipan and blend for a seamless transition. Lastly using your shader brush and Creme Brûlée go in on top of Marzipan and add some extra gold bling-i-ness to the look. I finished the look with a sweep of liquid eyeliner, tight lining the top and bottom lash line with a black liner, filling in my brows with ABH Brow Wiz and a good coat of Benefit They're Real Mascara to finish the look. (Which I forgot to do before taking photos - idiot!)
I think this is 120 - You're All Mine
For my lips - I was actually taking lip swatch pictures of the new Rimmel London THE ONLY 1 lipsticks so my lip colour changed a few times. I will put which colour I am wearing under each picture.




Thank you for reading my first ever make-up look! As a make-up artist, I am just use to doing not telling, so let me know how I went and if it was too descriptive or not enough!!




Mel x



As always, between posts you can find me:

Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Perfection! And now your secrets are mine, all mine! Mwahahhaha. Your description was the perfect amount of in depth to make sense but not get tedious. :)

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the eye makeup, natural looks are my favourites, also your skin is really glowy!

    http://www.withlovevanessa95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am REALLY loving your hair! Cannot wait to see you next weekend!! Still haven't decided on a makeup look for the day so MAY take this as inspo! <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makeup look is so stunning on you! The liner really looks awesome on you and I love the chocolate bar shades too! I can't wait to see more makeup looks from you!!! Great work! xx

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...