Birthday Haul

08:00:00

Another year has come and gone, and left me another year older.. 28 years I have been on this planet and the years seem to be going quicker and quicker. This year I was quite spoilt by my friends and family, and especially by James (my boyfriend). I am at the stage in my life where if I want something, I will usually just buy it. So that leaves James in quite a pickle when it comes around to my birthday and Christmas. He refuses to buy me any make-up, which is probably fair enough. He would continuously ask me what I wanted for my birthday, to which I would say, “Oh I don't know.. Surprise Me” and leave it at that. But I started dropping a few hints about wanting a new iPad (as my current one is about 5 years old and starting to slow down real fast!) But not just any iPad, an iPad Pro. It has the ability to be a laptop and with a few fun (and expensive) optional extras it could become pretty much a laptop without all the extra bulk. 

So on my birthday, September 7th (only the best people are born in the first week of September – just sayin’) I woke to find a little pile of presents from James and my parents.

 
James had gotten me the iPad Pro (32GB – Gold – 9.7in) with an inscription on the back:
“Melissa Loadsman
Happy Birthday! Love from James x”

Plus two beautiful dresses from a boutique in Toowoomba called Florence & Marabel. The Fruchocs Shirt Dress in Bertie Beetle pattern by By Binny and the Black Arizona Shift Dress by Jericho Road Clothing. 

 
My parents got me the Apple Pencil (I may have told them I was getting an iPad Pro before I even knew I was getting an iPad Pro.. whoops!) The Apple Pencil only works with the iPad Pro and can be used as an editing, illustration and writing tool.

We went out for lunch on my birthday with all my friends in town at a local café, where the girls surprised me with their gift. The new Harry Potter book “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” and a beautiful handmade clutch from a Brisbane designer called “Little Eadie”. 

I also bought myself a few little extra goodies! I went to Brisbane for work the following week and managed to sneak in a very small amount of shopping time. I headed to Mecca Maxima and grabbed another Urban Decay Weightless Complete Coverage concealer in the shade Light Neutral and one of the new Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks in the shade Sheer Liar. I also bought the Apple Smart Keyboard to use with my new iPad. (Which I am currently typing on and will write up most of my future blog posts on!)

 

James and I also received some scratchies from our lovely friend Andrew for both of our birthdays (we are 6 days apart) and a funny card. I didn't photograph them as sadly I didn't win $2 let alone $100,000!! Hehe

So that completes my birthday haul. By no means am I bragging about everything that I received. I had envisioned using the iPad to help me run Loads of Lifestyle, by using it for photo editing and writing up blog posts. All from anywhere in the world basically, and I will be! The iPad is so light (especially compared to my old one) plus the added Smart Keyboard and I actually set up anywhere I want. I took my MacBook to Japan last year and it was just so heavy and was a pain in the arse to lug around. However this will be much more convenient to type up blog posts on all the train journeys I will be taking in 2 months time! It fits in my handbag with only an extra 437grams of weight. It actually weighs less than my camera. Hehe

I hope you liked seeing what I got for my birthday. I am also doing quite a lot of blog prep for the next couple of months at the moment, so if there is anything you would like to see on Loads of Lifestyle, please let me know in the comment section below!

Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great haul! I love that Cactus dress, super cute!! I also love the idea of being able to use an apple pencil for creating your own font! Maybe I will start saving for one/hint to Shannon to buy me one haha. Happy Birthday for the 7th!

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the cactus dress is my fave!! I actually send the link to James to pick it out for me.. haha

      Delete
  2. Amazing haul and happy belated birthday! I need to try those new Urban Decay lipsticks but I am afraid of going to Mecca because I will want to buy them all :/

    Emma | Rosy Disposition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are so gorgeous! I now have 2! But the second one I got in a Sephora Collection pack from the US! They are such nice lipsticks and definitely give MAC a run for their money!! Thanks for the Birthday wishes Emma!! xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you had an amazing birthday, girl! I am dyyyyying/dead over that iPad Pro!

    Jacquelyn | hey there jacquelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacquelyn!! It is so nice! I love the gold-ness of it!! hehe xx

      Delete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...