Current Obsession: Korean Skincare

19:59:00


As some of you may have seen via various forms of social media (Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter) I have been absolutely loving the whole Korean Skincare - 10 Step Skincare Routine, plus all of the countries amazing brands and products (hello sheet masks!!)

I have stumbled upon a few Korean skincare specific Instagram accounts (@fuckyeahkoreancosmetics) and blogs/online store (SoKo Glam) and also a book by Charlotte Cho (who is the founder of SoKo Glam) and the they have opened my eyes to the wonders of Korean Skincare & Cosmetics!!
Park Si Yeon (source) A Famous Korean Actress

For anyone who isn't aware or may not have noticed before.. Korean women (and men too) have the most amazing glowing skin! From a young age it is drilled into them to take care of their skin, always wear SPF etc etc. So today I am going to introduce to you the 10 Step Routine and how you can adopt it at home, plus some of the awesome products I have been using lately!
So the Korean Skincare routine is based on a double cleanse to start with and then layer all your products in accordance to their consistency in texture. So starting after cleansing with toner/refresher which is the thinest consistency up to your night or day cream/SPF which are a thicker product!
Chapter 7 of The Little Book of Skincare by Charlotte Cho

The Korean 10 Step Skincare Routine


Step 1: Eye Make-Up Remover & Oil Cleanser
Step 2: Water-based Cleanser
Step 3: Exfoliator*

Step 4: Toner/Refresher
Step 5: Essence
Step 6: Ampoules/Serums

Step 7: Sheet Mask*
Step 8: Eye Cream

Step 9: Moisturiser or Sleeping Pack*
Step 10: SPF (daytime only)


*Not all steps need to be done everyday, only as your skin needs!!

Once everything has had time to absorb into my face (around 5 mins) I will then go and apply my make-up for the day. 
Another massive innovation that is now starting to do the round about the western beauty world is Cushion products. BB creams, CC creams, Foundations, Blushes, Lip products, you can find all of these products and more in a Cushion format. "Cushion" refers to the sponge in the centre of the packaging that holds all the product. In the product below (Etude BB Magic Any Cushion & Primer) you can see that it comes in a compact packaging with a second lid that protects the product from drying out. Plus an applicator sponge that you use to "Press" the BB cream into your skin. As dragging the product across the skin with ultimately cause more wrinkles in the long run. 


So now that you have the 10 Steps down pat, what next? Where to buy Korean products from?! What ingredients to look out for? Below is a chart from "The Little Book of Skincare" by Charlotte Cho and she list some products that are commonly used in skincare products and what they can do for you skin!


As for where to start procuring your new found love of Korean products??
I have found a great seller on eBay (thanks to @hihocherie), plus there are some really good online shops too! Like Yesstyle, Soko Glam, Jolse plus I'm sure you could find more online if you did a little research!!
Some brands that I am loving at the moment at Corsx, Etude House, Skin Food, The Face Shop (they actually have stores around Australia - most capital cities) and Tony Moly. There are seriously sooo many brands out there guys! You just need to try them!!


I hope I have opened your eyes a little to the wonders that are Korean Skincare, I am still learning and discovering things for myself too, it is all so fascinating!! There will definitely be more posts dedicated to Korean Beauty in the future as I am a little obsessed at the moment!!

Have you tried any Korean beauty products? What are your favourite products/brands?! Let me know in the comment section below so I can check them out too!!


Mel x

As always, between posts you can find me:

Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle
Snapchat: @loadsoflifestyl


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Every time I watch your snapchats I'm always like OOOOOO WHAT IS SHE USING THIS TIME? Hahaha. Loved seeing what products you're using :D

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to learn more Korean Skincare! That book looks amazing, I really want to read it!! I love the 10 step routine, I try to pretty much do all of those but I don't always use a sheet mask. I'd love to see more posts such as your top korean skincare products and where we can buy them from :)

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black sugar mask sounds like an interesting one! When it comes to beauty and skincare, the Koreans and Japanese definitely know what they're doing!

    M + K
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is fascinating! Can't wait to see more posts from you about Korean skincare! I've never tried any before but you make me want to!

    Tahana <3
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a well-researched article which you have shared here. This is a very informative and useful article. This type of advice is not easy to find, so thanks for this information. Organic skin products for sale online in Germany

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...