No time for Breakfast?

08:00:00


I am not much of a breakfast eater – which I know is super bad for you! But I would rather spend an extra 10 minutes snoozing then making and eating breakfast. But lately I have been into making smoothies for an easy on-the-go breakfast! Now I don’t have much of a transit to work – all of about 3 minutes – but I can sit at my desk, get myself together and enjoy my smoothie whilst returning emails and phone calls.


Ingredient wise, fresh is always best, but frozen is amazing too, as it can make a smoothie thick and creamy. If something is on special (eg. 2 for 1 punnets of berries) and you know you won’t eat them before they start to turn bad. Wash and chop them and pop them into zip lock bags or containers and freeze them, ready to use for your morning smoothie! 

Now I don’t really like dairy based smoothies as they tend to make me feel bloated and gross for the rest of the day, but feel free to mix up these recipes as much as you want - Add more water/liquid to make it a runnier consistency or less liquid to make it into a smoothie bowl. 

So I have compiled a list of my go-to smoothie recipes. Normally I just throw in random amounts until it looks good, so I have tried to make actual measurements for you guys!!


Recipes


Green Machine


4-5 Spinach Cubes*
1 frozen banana (or non-frozen banana plus 2-3 ice cubes)
Handful of pineapple
1 scoop (tbsp) of green powder
Half a cup of Coconut water/water

Banana Berry


2 frozen bananas
1 cup of frozen berries (I love blueberries but you can use whatever you have)
1 tbsp of Açai powder
1 cup of Coconut Water/Water

Banana Mylk

(adapted from Feel the Lean by Loni Jane)

3 frozen bananas
2 medjool dates (pitted)
2 cups of water or 1 ½ cups of water and ½ cup of coconut water

some of the "superfood" additives I use

Choc-nana


2 frozen bananas
1 cup of your chosen milk (almond, dairy, soy etc)
2 tsp of raw cacao powder
2 medjool dates (pitted)

Tropical 


1/2 cup of pineapple
1 cup watermelon
Half a mango or 2/3 mango cubes*
1/2 cup coconut water

Breakfast Smoothie


1 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen berries (your choice)
1/4 cup oats
2 tbsp. of Greek yoghurt
1/2 cup water


*To make spinach cubes:

Pack your blender full of spinach, add a little bit of water to make a thick but pour-able consistency, and blend until smooth. Pour into ice-cube moulds, freeze, then keep in a zip-lock bag or container until ready to use.

This above method can be used with multiple ingredients:
  • Spinach/Kale 
  • Mango or any fruit you have on hand

Equipment I use:

High Speed Blender – I use a KitchenAid Blender
Measuring cups/spoons (if you want to be super accurate)
Mason Ball Jar – 750ml (wide mouth) and lid
Cuppow Lid
Stainless steel straw



All of these recipes you can make ahead of time and put them into individual zip lock bags, so all you have to do is put it all in the blender, add your chosen liquid and blend away! That means you can snooze for an extra 5 minutes! (Winning!).

What are your favourite smoothie combinations? I want to try putting a nut-butter into one soon! YUM!


 Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:

Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. These look amazing! The tropical one sounds like my jam!

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the tropical one! So many amazing flavours!!

      Delete
  2. Loved this post! I will be printing this out haha I am not a breakfast eater myself I am much like you and would rather snooze that bit longer. I have however been trying to get myself into a bit more of a routine lately and smoothie breakfasts are in that routine.

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help with your morning routine!! hehe Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  3. LOVE smoothies! Awesome recipes! <3

    Tahana
    http://www.tahanalee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love smoothies!!! These sound so yummy and delicious Melissa! I am definitely saving this post for later use!!! Love your photos too xxxx

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...