January Favourites

08:00:00


Well goodbye January! Is it just me, or is it going to be Christmas before we know it? This month, I have been trying to incorporate more of my existing products back into my everyday routine! And boy did I dig up a few classics that I hadn't touched in MONTHS! Keep reading to found out more...


I only received these guys in the second half of the month but they are fast becoming some of the best serums I have ever used! My skin text has definitely changed for the better since combining these two products together.


I received this back in March last year at the Obsession blogger event, and I hadn't really used it much due to the smell of the product (the whole range smells like it, I can't put my finger on what it smells like exactly, but I can only just bear it). It contains a SPF rating of 30+ and I have been actively trying to wear sunscreen every single day. This was a choice that I had, without having to go out and buy something new. Besides the smell, I actually really like this moisturiser, it sits well on top of my other skincare, and it doesn't make me overly greasy like some sunscreens can.

Perfect Whip Foam Cleanser

A purchase from Japan that James and I have fallen in love with, and will purchase about 5 when we go back (hopefully) at the end of this year! You only need the smallest amount of this cleanser (less than a pea size) and it foams up beautifully. It feels so thick and luxurious on your skin when using.


Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Forever*

I tend to switch up my perfume between seasons and with the summer months, I bought back out Daisy Dream Forever out of hiding and it has been a welcome addition to my daily routine. I always get compliments when I wear this perfume, it is just a great summer scent!

NARS Sheer Glow - Santa Fe

Where to start with this foundation? This is the one foundation that actually matches my skin tone. It is perfect! I gives the perfect amount of coverage for an everyday wear, which is what I have been using it as.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Soft & Gentle

I have recently fell back in love with one of my original highlights! It is a cult classic for a reason! The perfect peachy nude highlight that suits a multitude of skin tones! I rediscovered it after going through my collection for a few up coming posts!


NARS Velvet Satin Lip Pencil - Luxembourg

After Ash's post (from The Beauty Collection) about her NARS Lip Pencil collection, it made me dig through my collection (once again) and dig out my 3. I love this colour, its a bright watermelon red, and it also stains your lips, so you can get a second day tint from it - just top with chapstick! #bonus

MAC Prep + Prime Fix +

This is my second bottle of this, but my first of the newer formula, and I have to say.. I like this one much better!! I love using this as a pre -make-up step to add a little extra hydration to the skin, and also after to take away any powdery-ness from my make-up!

Estee Lauder - Double Wear Brush On Glow BB

I bought this on a whim, not reading any reviews or anything! But I'm glad I did! It is the perfect colour for me as a highlighting concealer. It doesn't have much of coverage factor, so I normally use this over the top of my concealer, but only making sure to use it lightly so my undereye area doesn't crease!

Rimmel London - Scandal Eyes Mascara*

This mascara, has gone unloved for a little while, but once I started digging around my collection, I couldn't help but bring it out of retirement for a while, its a great everyday mascara - although it can be a pain to remove!


Too Faced - Beach Bunny Bronzer (from the Little Black Book of Bronzers)

I have been using this bronzer as an eyeshadow all month and loving it!! I use the darkest shade on the outer corner, the two medium shades combine all over the lid, and the lightest colour as an inner corner highlight! I am also contemplating depotting my beloved Little Black Book of Bronzers, as the packaging (as beautiful as it is) is super bulky and if I wanted to take just one bronzer with me away, i have to take the whole book and endanger all of their lives!!


What have been your favourite products this month?? 


Mel x


As always, between posts you can find me:

Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl
Bloglovin': Loads of Lifestyle
Facebook: Loads of Lifestyle





You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I LOVE ASAP skin care! The serums are amazing! Great picks!! ;) I am working on my post today trying to take pics when it's not too hot haha <3

    Tahana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really been enjoying the serums! They smell so good!! xx

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I have also been trying to get back into some products that I haven't used in a while, it's so easy to forget about what you already have when you get so swept up in all the new releases of late! While I do love me some Champagne Pop, Soft & Gentle is an oldie but definitely goodie. I think it might just be one of favourite highlighters of all time! x

    Chantalle | cece & grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally get SO swept up in the new releases and forget about everything! But this year I am focusing on my current collection, and I am trying not to buy any new things (unless I am on holidays - then it doesn't count ;) ) xx

      Delete
  3. Great Favourties, I have also been loving Fix+ last month and every month for that matter haha. I need to pull out my Mac Soft and Gentle and it some more love I think.

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! As much as I love my BECCA highlighters.. Soft and Gentle just gets me.. haha my first highlighter, I could never part with it! xx

      Delete
  4. I love 'shopping my stash', it's pretty much what I've been doing since I arrived home :D You totally sold me on that Japanese cleanser, I can't wait to go there!

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japan is amazing and they are known for all their amazing skin care! Unfortunately I didn't get to spend enough time beauty shopping :(

      Delete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...